Alpster

Alpster's Roadtrip Report

Roadtrip 2011 was success as usual! Amazing lake to fish on with even better fishing partners. My special thanks to Tom (fishing rhino) for picking me up and hauling my worthless hide 1000 miles to KY Lake and back. We fished out of his pretty new Triton for several days and had a great time and caught a lot of fish. Tom is a real gentleman and it was more than a pleasure to travel and fish with him. The last two days of fishing was spent with Steve (LundExplorer) and I had an awesome time telling stories and catching some fish with him. His lovely wife Jackie gave up her seat for me and his family also provided some of the best steaks for dinner I have had in quite a while. Of course the usual suspects were also there and I really enjoyed seeing Glen, Kerri, roadwarrior, Mr & Mrs Ghotti (Thanks for the great soiree) Long Mike was the usual sergeant at arms (great job Mike)! Sitting around the table with Steezy and Big-O will make you wet your pants laughing. If CJ is lucky, I will let him fish with me next time (inside joke). Oh yea, Big-O brought about a 100 packs of "Rage Craws" to share. I caught fish on them the first time I ever tied one on. Thanks Big-O!

The only thing better than the fishing was the fellowship. I never met a fisherman at a roadtrip that wouldn't give you the shirt off his back or his best fish catching lure. You will never meet a better group of people. The ladies (Kerri & Deb) shared the secrets of fishing the women's pro tournaments and John from "Fisherman's Headquarters" gave a great talk on boating electronics as well as giving all the attending members a goodie bag for of lures, plastics and tackle. THANKS JOHN! Glen told us all the stuff you are "not supposed to know" about the Bass Resource website and it's history. I'm sure I have left out someone important in my thank yous, but I am old and don't remember so well, forgive me. Here are a few pictures to show you what you missed.....

DSC_5221.jpg

The meeting area was a "Man Cave" dream.....

DSC_5213.jpg

Awesome goodie bags from "Fisherman's Headquarters" top notch stuff......

DSC_5210.jpg

John explaining side scan and down scan technology..........

DSC_5200.jpg

The buzzards circling the grill waiting for "roadwarrior's" burgers......

DSC_5199.jpg

The brains of this operation.......

DSC_5198.jpg

Uncle Leo is crankin out the burgers....good eats.....

04210001.jpg

We caught a whole bunch of these little fellas....it was great fun...

04160001.jpg

Tom caught a couple of nice ones while I was with him, he also nailed a big smallie, but I don't have a picture :(

DSC_5238.jpg

The girls schooled us on women's tournament fishing....

04250004.jpg

Thankfully, this was the most serious injury on the trip and the reason everyone is asking "how's the thumb" I won't say who did this to me, but he will be the one who gives his steak to me on next year's "RoadTrip".. LOL

There you have it.....2012 Road trip.....NO EXCUSES!!!

Ronnie

Hey! You're going to ruin the reputation I've worked so assiduously to develop. Stop that "gentleman" stuff.

I don't know about you, but I'm still recovering. Took a couple of stops in the service areas going through Connecticut, but I pulled into our driveway at three in the a.m.

Super report.

Thanks for sharing and posting photos.

Glad everyone had a good time.

Maybe after I retire I will be fortunate to make the trip. :D

Ronnie, it was a pleasure meeting you! Hope you enjoyed our great state and even better lake despite the injury. At least you have a unique memory :blink:

Ronnie, it was a treat to see ya again. Here's hoping we're both there next year.

Neat right up, glad you all had fun.....those burgers sure look like they were good! Ronnie, who ever did that to your thumb should understand that soft plastics work better; much easier to cast also. B)

Hey Alpster... enjoyed seeing you pal and it was a blast for sure! Glad you and Tom ("Best Dressed" Rhino) had a great time and a safe trip home. Hope to see y'all again next year ;)

Big O

www.ragetail.com

Good report buddy!

I'm looking forward to spending another day or two on the lake with you next year.

Thanks for the report Ronnie! Good stuff!

It was great meeting you Ronnie. I enjoyed talking to you every morning at breakfast and seeing the piles of sugar packets beside your plate! WOW! You are a machine!

Great job Ronnie! I'm already excited about next year.

Special thanks to Long Mike for coordinating

the trip and to the guys that took me out: GMAN,

Big O and Steezy, Fishing Rhino and westerntennessee1.

The whole thing started with Gary & Mary's party

Saturday night. Uncle Leo and Fred did a great

job on the grill Monday night. Tuesday night Steve

and Jackie treated everyone to steaks!

My only regret is not being able to spend time on the

water with everyone. I'm glad we were all able to get

together in the evenings. I am looking forward to seeing

you all again.

-Kent