Sign in to follow this  
bigtimfish

Red Fin,Devils Horse, Lucky 13

Am I the only one who still uses these? i learned how to creek fish using a Red Fin when i was a youngster and i still fish them. The Devils Horse is still one of my top producers. just wondering if anyone out there still uses these or any other old baits. I also still use a Lucky 13 and creme scoundrel

Back in the 50's, my Dad bought me my first "knuckle buster" baitcasting rig (which I still have today). It was a Pflueger "Silkcast" and a Heddon "Pal" tubular steel 5' rod. I don't remember what kind of line I had on it, but I'm sure it was dacron (I'll bet most of the younger fishermen here have never seen, nor heard of using dacron line!).

He told me to pick out one lure to use with it. I selected a red-head "shiner" finished Lucky 13 (wood of course). Caught my first pike with that outfit and quite a few LM bass to boot. I still have that Lucky 13 too! It'll be passed down several more generations I'm sure. Good memories!  ;)

I still use Arbogast Jittersticks,MudBugs and Jitterbugs

Rapala Orginal Floters and Jointed

Mann's Jelly Worms

Heddon Hellbenders

They all still catch a lot of bass, so I keep using them

Wally World had some jointed redfins for $2.   I was actually surprised by the action.  I reach for that now instead of a jointed rapala.

the Devil's Horse is one of the only topwater baits I use anymore. It is my number 1 topwater producer.