Sign in to follow this  
kms399

jerk baits my new love.

I have been absolutly killing bass on rapala x-raps. I need more. I have 3 x raps and am looking to get some other brands so I am looking for suggestions on good jerkbaits.

Crazy about jerk baits myself (hard and soft). Smithwick Rogue was the first hard jerk bait I tried. Really liked 'em and used them for a while. They come in some great colors. Next, tried X-Raps and that's what I use now. Have never bought one that didn't suspend just right. Can't say that about Rogues.

Without spending more money you're using the best :o...

skillet

Lucky Craft Pointers

x2.  These are the best jerkbaits on the market.

Lucky Craft Pointers

x2. These are the best jerkbaits on the market.

x3   You can't beat them

X rap,Rogue,Thunderstick,Bomber Long A. H2O express Jerk Shad.    More expensive LC pointer and i have a buddy who is a SPRO Mcstick freak.   My personal favorite is the X rap.

X - Raps rock, but I really love Husky Jerks, LC Pointers, and Bomber Long A's.

The husky jerk and long A have a much more subtle action than the X - Rap, while the pointer has an action in between the two. X - Raps seem to produce best for me though.

Don't overlook the LC Staysee though.

Man jerk baits are one of my absolute favorite ways of fishing.  I agree with everyone else that the LC Pointers are probably the best jerk baits on the market.  However i have caught more fish on the BPS XPS series jerk baits.  If money is not a problem then i would go with the pointers or even the jackall squad minnow.  If your looking for a great jerk bait for not much money then i would go with the BPS XPS series.  

lc pointer 78 in standard and dd

lc pointer 100 in standard in dd

three colors will cover most situations.. chartreuse shad, ghost minnow and ms american shad... get these baits and  a couple of staysee's and you will have all you need in the jerkbait department..

maybe throw in a couple bevy shads two hehe

lc pointer 78 in standard and dd

lc pointer 100 in standard in dd

three colors will cover most situations.. chartreuse shad, ghost minnow and ms american shad... get these baits and a couple of staysee's and you will have all you need in the jerkbait department..

maybe throw in a couple bevy shads two hehe

x2

Go ahead and laugh, but the cheap-o walmart jerkbait's are great (I think they are less than a dollar a piece) if you are willing to drill a hole in the front and back, replace plastic bb's with real bb's (3 in front and 2 in back) and then fill the hole with a dowel that has been sharpened with a pencil sharpener and then seal with epoxy.  (Replacing hooks with gammies doesn't hurt).  In about an hours time you can have probably 20 jerkbaits for 40 bucks.

****Someone else created this, not me I am not taking credit****

Renegade jerkbait bodies $1 each times 20=$20

Dowel maybe $1 or so =$1

BB's  under $5

Epoxy 2-3 bucks a tube $3

Gammies---shop for a good deal

Feathered trebles can be tied if your going to get fancy

The best lure is one that you make yourself, there are few limits in terms of possibilities and the reward is far greater.