Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Sweet Beavers

Has anyone tried these with good success?  They look amazing.  How do they compare to the rodent from strike king.  Favorite Colors?

I use them regularly. Grn pumpkin, Watermelon/Grn pumpkin,black neon. they are wonderful baits any way you rig them. I have yet to find a knock off that did not work as well.

I never used the rodent.  Sweet Beavers, in any color are great.

A nice smallie off a bed, using a 4.20 in Spring Break color:

544882642_QhFDT-L.jpg

I seperate them.

I use the Baby Beavers as a jig tip. The fatter body helps to keep the skirt flared out. At times I found this to make a differance on a tough bite. *** has a nice Baby Beaver.

I get them from ***.  I rig them with a shaky head.

I seperate them.

Ditto.  If I'm looking for a flapping tail action, I'll use a an Ugly Otter.

I use the Alurring baits craw beavers in 4.25" and they are perfect for heavy cover!

Sorry if this seems like a highjack of the post but i hope it helps everyone - What does everyone else thing about weightless vs. weighted?  ive only used it weightless and havent caught anything on it (but i havent put in enough time with it).

I fish soft plastics reguarly, but i just dont seem to have confidence in it.

used them last year weightless and caught quite a few fish.

Sorry if this seems like a highjack of the post but i hope it helps everyone - What does everyone else thing about weightless vs. weighted? ive only used it weightless and havent caught anything on it (but i havent put in enough time with it).

When I am bed fishing or working in heavy slop, I use a pegged 1 oz. tungsten bullet weight.  In open water, I rig them on a 3/8 to 3/4 oz. football jig.  If I'm working the outside weed edge, I use a 1/4 to 1/2 tungsten bullet weight, no peg.  I've never thought to use this bait weightless.

It is DEADLY weightless on a SuperLine hook around cover for me! The flutter on the fall can be somewhat like a Senko's magic!

Sorry if this seems like a highjack of the post but i hope it helps everyone - What does everyone else thing about weightless vs. weighted? ive only used it weightless and havent caught anything on it (but i havent put in enough time with it).

x2...i just dont have the confidence in it either to fish it regularly

Have had much success this spring fishing them weightless and throwing them on the bank, on sand bars or shallow humps and dragging them slowly off the edge.  They flutter down the ledge and apparently that makes the fishes very angry. It is an aggressive bite. The only downsideis the real SweetBeavers dont last long.  Have been trying YoMama's but not enough time to make an accurate comparison.  Off a clearance rack, bought a bag of BPS BeaverBugs that have been producing very well also.

Twitch

The Sweet Beaver is genius; it's the most copied bait since the Senko. When I first saw it, I was like...what's that supposed to represent. Then it just clicked. When a craw 'shoots'....it's claws come together to form a spade shape. I just can't believe no one thought of it before. Currently I have Bass Assassin hand poured beavers, Berkley Beasts, Lake Fork Tackle Flippers, and Big Bite 'Yo Mama's'. The Reaction Innovations Beaver just catches more fish for me. They are so effective, I think any color will work. My favorite is the Double Wide 5.20 Beaver in Big Texan. I throw the 5.2 size the most.  I also use the Beaver as a jig trailer as much as I use Paca Chunks.  Throw'em on a jig...deadly.  

I picked up a couple of packs of R.I. 4.2" Beavers this spring. Have been dragging them over shallow humps, weightless. They've accounted for 4 females around 3 1/2 lbs. for me so far. I'm really impressed! Now I'm going to try them out on LM bass, but again weightless. I see no reason to use a weight with them....they certainly do sink fast enough. And the more natural action (like the Senko) makes for some interesting action!  ;)