I decided to take advantage of the Curado being discontinued and bought another one the other day. Got it home and took it apart to soak the bearings and regrease them. When I put the reel back together the reel handle turns for maybe 1/2" and stops and will not budge either direction. If I leave the rollar clutch inner tube out it seems to work after I put the reel back together. After I drop the tabs down into place in the key washer the handle stops. I thought maybe it had something to do with the tabs on the inner tube catching on something but there is nothing for it to catch on? That has lead me to believe that the clutch pawl is hitting something on the frame or part of the frame is preventing the reel from working. I've taken my other Curados apart to maintanence them and had no problems. I feel that I'm either forgetting to do something simple or possibly I just got a bum reel. I haven't lost any parts or broken anything because I'm very careful with it and working on a white table cloth and short white carpet just so if I drop anything. I've got the schematics blown up so I can see exactly where everything goes. Any of you guys that work on your reels a lot with any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

I decided to take advantage of the Curado being discontinued and bought another one the other day. Got it home and took it apart to soak the bearings and regrease them. When I put the reel back together the reel handle turns for maybe 1/2" and stops and will not budge either direction. If I leave the rollar clutch inner tube out it seems to work after I put the reel back together. After I drop the tabs down into place in the key washer the handle stops. I thought maybe it had something to do with the tabs on the inner tube catching on something but there is nothing for it to catch on? That has lead me to believe that the clutch pawl is hitting something on the frame or part of the frame is preventing the reel from working. I've taken my other Curados apart to maintanence them and had no problems. I feel that I'm either forgetting to do something simple or possibly I just got a bum reel. I haven't lost any parts or broken anything because I'm very careful with it and working on a white table cloth and short white carpet just so if I drop anything. I've got the schematics blown up so I can see exactly where everything goes. Any of you guys that work on your reels a lot with any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!

Didn't know the E7 was discontinued when did this happen?

Almost sounds like the AR pack has been installed upside down.

The AR Bearing pack doesn't get greased, nor do the other bearing packs..

But if the crank won't turn in either direction, I would check to see if I have lost any of the small pin bearings in the pack and make sure the the pack hasn't lost any of the holding pressure points. Also make sure the AR Pawl is set up properly and not causing a bind.

I would also get into some 4x glasses and check the sleeve for hair cracks especially near the tabs.

Good Luck & Tight Lines! :fishing1:

Almost sounds like the AR pack has been installed upside down.

My thought as well. You might need professional intervention. ;)