Sign in to follow this  
jazzy0017

Need A New Crankin Stick!!

I need a new cranking set up. I cant afford more then one so I cant have a shallow running crankbait rod and a deep running crankbait rod. I'm looking for the best all around cranking rod for $150. Right now I'm really leaning towards the KVD tour glass crankin rods. I love the moderate action and it has a great tip to it. Has anyone ever used these or what do you recommend. I'm open to anything but I throw alot more lipless cranks then deep cranks. Right now my pick would be the KVD tour rod 7'0 MH with a moderate action. Any info would be appreciated!

How deep do you usually fish? Any type of cover?

The Avid AVC70MM is the ticket. MSRP is above your target, but with a little

effort and shopping around, you might be able to pick one up for about $125

delivered. I have this rod matched to a CH 50MG and it is THE BOMB!

B)

The Avid AVC70MM is the ticket. MSRP is above your target, but with a little

effort and shopping around, you might be able to pick one up for about $125

delivered. I have this rod matched to a CH 50MG and it is THE BOMB!

B)

95% of the time im 3-20ft. If I had to say where am I most I would about 5-17ish. But Ive heard good things about both. I dont know which one to choose! <_<

I would suggest looking at the Kistler Magnesium rod. I have a 7' cranking rod that I have had for several years and to me it is the perfect rod for cranking. It has mod-fast action and it's as light as a feather.

I throw the 7'2" skeet crank rod and love it. I have tried a couple of the other skeet rods and they do not compare. For the price, I don't think they can be beat.

A 7' M/M BPS Carbonlite would suite you well. IMO, the best cranking rod for the money. Heck, I like it better than the Powell and Avid I have used.

A 7' M/M BPS Carbonlite would suite you well. IMO, the best cranking rod for the money. Heck, I like it better than the Powell and Avid I have used.

Well Guys thanks for the info...I ended up getting the KVD tour rod today. I have read and have heard too many good things about it because of where I work to not try it out. I hope I love it so I can get more of the tour rods! Thanks for all the info though, I appreciate it!

Well Guys thanks for the info...I ended up getting the KVD tour rod today. I have read and have heard too many good things about it because of where I work to not try it out. I hope I love it so I can get more of the tour rods! Thanks for all the info though, I appreciate it!

Sounds like a good choice and I only handled the rods in BPS but they were very light and let us know what you think of it after you have fished it for awhile.