Sign in to follow this  
dulouz

My Pb Walleye.

Congratulations. MY PB is also 6#, caught in the Erie Canal on a most appropriate lure, a Wally Diver. I hope yours fought better than mine, which put up -0- fight.

Congratulations. MY PB is also 6#, caught in the Erie Canal on a most appropriate lure, a Wally Diver. I hope yours fought better than mine, which put up -0- fight.

It wasn't too long of a fight. I was using a med/fast baitcast with 20lb PP, so I brought it in pretty fast. I caught it with a red craw/black back crank. I don't know what brand it was, but it is similar to a bandit 200 series.

I caught a northern once that was at least that big, and man THAT was a fight!

Oh man...nice thread to post since i caught a gigantic one this weekend. I'll post the pic in a sec. 7 FOW in the green cabbage on a finesse flipping jig fishing for bass. Popped it out of some weeds and she hammered it. Last week i caught a 24" on a swim jig in 5 FOW. Best thing about fall and spring fishing...never know what you're gonna get.

A whopping 28". Unfortunately she got the jig in her gills and bled like a stuck pig so i filleted her up. I feel horrible taking a fish like that.

Forgive the crappy cellphone pic. A family member took a better one...i just don't have it yet.

post-30428-0-97961400-1318306091_thumb.j

Nice Eye !

That's Fatty for sure ~

A-Jay

Nice Eye !

That's Fatty for sure ~

A-Jay

All of the nicer eyes i've caught and seen caught the past few weeks have been pigs. They're packing on the pounds and the females are developing eggs.

Sorry to jack your thread dulouz...i was excited to share my picture.

Both very nice fish. I have yet to catch a big walleye, I've caught them up to 5lbs but I'd like to get one of the 8+ pound fish that get caught around here every spring.

All of the nicer eyes i've caught and seen caught the past few weeks have been pigs. They're packing on the pounds and the females are developing eggs.

Sorry to jack your thread dulouz...i was excited to share my picture.

No problem.

Nice eyes iv only ever caught 5 all ended up in my belly lol there to tasty to toss back infect when I do hook one I usually yell "dinner" instead of walleye or what ever species of bass I hook