Sign in to follow this  
Gator_Bait

Jig Question...

I was reading in Sept. Bass Master (pg 34) about some very slow sink jigs. The ones mentioned were Stalker Swim Jig, Warhead Jig by Pure Poison Jigs and the Zero Gravity Jig by Custom Lures.

Has anyone fished one (or more) of these? How do you like it? It looks interesting but would like to hear more about it.

When i want something similar to a jig that sinks slowly, i switch to a texas rigged tube, creature bait, etc. I don't know much about jigs made to sink very slowly.

When I want to get a slower presentation, I just size down and put on a trailer that has larger appendages i.e. beaver baits, fighting frog, etc.

I will just throw a lighter jig, bulk the skirt, or chunkier trailer. Or all of them.

When i want something similar to a jig that sinks slowly, i switch to a texas rigged tube, creature bait, etc. I don't know much about jigs made to sink very slowly.

I'm with you....

I'll drop down to a 3/16 oz jig on a spinning rod for shallow smallies sometimes but for the most part, if I need light, I'll go with something else.

It's a matter of fish mood. If the fish are in a negative mood, to the point I need to slow the drop speed WAY, down, I'm probably also going to need to downsize the package to something smaller than a jig/trailer.

i use the zero G jigs a lot when pitching to isolated brush, they do fall much much slower they a jig with a big skirt and a big flappy tralier... most times i rig them with a rage craw and they are deadly at doing what i just said, they are not a jig that you will want to use for pitching in heavy grass cover as they do fall fast enough to punch through... they are also deadly when skipping under docks... i have caught many of weighed in tourney fish on them but thats the only slow fall jig ive ever fished.

i use the zero G jigs a lot when pitching to isolated brush, they do fall much much slower they a jig with a big skirt and a big flappy tralier... most times i rig them with a rage craw and they are deadly at doing what i just said, they are not a jig that you will want to use for pitching in heavy grass cover as they do fall fast enough to punch through... they are also deadly when skipping under docks... i have caught many of weighed in tourney fish on them but thats the only slow fall jig ive ever fished.

Thanks! That's what I was looking for...someone that has caught fish on them to tell me where and how they used it. Getting under docks is the main thing I was thinking of for this type of jig. I'll get one and try it. What color works best for you?