JIGFISHERMAN.

Most Useful Fishing Technology In The Last 20 Years.

Well since there is a thread going about the most useful technology, outside of fishing, I thought it would be neat to hear thoughts on technology in fishing.

What has been the most useful technology, developed for fishing, in the last 20 years.

Better yet, in the last 20, last 10, last 5

there was a thread about this not too long ago....couldn't find it to bump it for you but i think the way sonar has progressed is the biggest deal.

Last 20, better, lightweight, sensitive rod blanks.

Last 10, internet forums, like BassResource.com.

Last 5, DI/SI.

Software that uses your GPS/Sounder data to make high resolution contour charts. Much higher quality in comparison to the maps that come on a chip or CD. Plus you can make maps where there are none available.

Software that uses your GPS/Sounder data to make high resolution contour charts. Much higher quality in comparison to the maps that come on a chip or CD. Plus you can make maps where there are none available.

You don't say? Perhaps a vested interest?

I bought a new car last week, certainly not the most important technology for me, but this car came standard with navigation and bluetooth, I am enjoying it. Can't figure out those voice commands..............lol.

Obviously :) But please feel free to be brutally honest. I have poured years into this. Is it something that is needed in the bass world? I am probably in denial, but I actually believe in it. There is a growing number of people who agree. Oh God, I just realized I could be like one of those horrible singers where everybody tells them they are really good :)

last 20: graphite rods

last 10: GPS

last 5: side scan / down scan