Sign in to follow this  
Brand0n

P-Line Cx Premium Flourocarbon?

Was wanting to put some 15lb on one of my h2o mettle reels...is it any good? or possibly stren fluorocast? not looking to spend over $15 a spool on fluoro

It's pretty good line but you should look into the new P-line C21. It's $4.99 for a 300 yard spool, handles well, and is very abrasion resistant. I've got a spinning rod rigged with 8lb and a jig rod with 17lb. Even in the colder weather and with lighter baits on the spinning reel it fishes great. I haven't fished a jig a lot but from what I have the stuff fishes great and is very strong.

I got it on sale at DSG a while ago to use for squarebills and spinnerbaits. I absoulety hated it. I don't know if I got a bad spool or what but I will never use it again. It got extremely coiled after little use even after applieing L&L. I didn't feel it had better sensitivy or abrasion resistance although I caught a few pike with it. I was using 12# by the way.

I love P-Line CX for my topwater and jerkbait fishing. It's extremely smooth and easy to manage. Note that it is NOT fluorocarbon, rather it's copolymer

Packard -- you sure you didn't have CXX? To me, that's the one that's ridiculously hard to manage.

CX is fluoro coated line. I don't care for it, but it has it's followers. CXX is one of the toughest copoly lines out there. KVD Line & Lure Conditioner are a must with it.

I love P-Line CX for my topwater and jerkbait fishing. It's extremely smooth and easy to manage. Note that it is NOT fluorocarbon, rather it's copolymer

Packard -- you sure you didn't have CXX? To me, that's the one that's ridiculously hard to manage.

It was CX for sure. I have a suspicion that DSG was just wanting to get rid of some old spools of it though because I got it at one of their sales for $2.

well id take a copolymer as long as its easy to manage. i live my kvds line and lure conditioner...speaking off, im out of it now

thin and stretchy. I agree I think it is just flouro covered, not true flouro.

I've used stren flourocast, I had a couple breakages with a heavy stick on the hook set. I have had no problem with it on my glass cranking stick. If you tie a palomar it will break easy. I tied a san diego jam and not too many wraps, it tends to burn easy, but it does well with the san diego jam. Just a heads up so you don't lose a fish on first bite!