Sign in to follow this  
jchez444

Shimano Spinning Reel?

I am in the market for a new spinning reel. It is going to be used with 8-10lb fluro, mainly used for shakyhead fishing and drop shotting, with the occassional small finesse jerkbait thrown. I am looking at the saros f, ci4 and the new stradic fj all int he 2500 sizes. anyone have any experience with these reels???

I have the Saros and Sedona in 2500. Use them for all techniques you mentioned as well as skipping docks with a senko. Never had an issue with either, both smooth, and been using them for 3+ yrs. In my opinion, you can't go wrong. If or when I need to replace them, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase either again.

HD

I don't have any experience with the Saros or the FJ Model but I have fished with the Sahara's for the last few Years and just last year got an FI Model in the Stradic. The Sahara's are a very nice Reel for the Price but the Stradic is a very sweet Reel.

I would love to try a CI4 but for now the Stradic serves me well. I have had no issues with it at all. It cats well and is very smooth.

Check out Cabela's.com. They still have the Stradic FI 2500 for $119. I bought one last week and am loving it. Pretty good sale price too. Good luck.

I have the Stradic 2500 fe, the Stradic 2500 Cl4, a Sustain fe, and a 1000 stradic. I have heard a few negitives about the newer Stradic, but I've never fished with any of the more recent models. My 2500fe has been a gem. not as smooth as the Sustain of course, but smoother than the Cl4 which gives up a little in exchange for it's lighter weight. I have the Cl4 on a NRX rod and the light weight is really enjoyable. Almost all of my baitcaster are Shamano, they are all good dependable units. I have a friend that likes his Saros, but is thinking serious about up grading to a Stradic. I would buy the best you can afford. The more you pay the better the reel. If you didn't want to go that high the Plueger President is hard to beat for the money

I have three Saros 3000 series. Great great reels. Xtra spools too. I just got a Stardic FJ300. It has the x-ship feature. Another great reel. The StradicFI at 119.00 is a super deal. They are all super products.

I've been fishing Stradics for about 15 years, mostly 4000s, and I love 'em.

I have fished a friend's CI4, but don't own one. My impression was over the top, I thought it compared

favorably to the Stella. The CI4 has many features that were previously only available in the Stella line:

http://fish.shimano....radic_MgFB.html

The reviews have been good: http://www.tackletou...stradicci4.html

The Saros 2500 and the 3000 are all I use. I have 6 of them and have never had any issues. They get the majority of the work done for my business, and were tough on equipment. If I needed another set of spinning reels I would go with the Saros 3000.

I have a Ci4 mounted on a custom ML rod that I use for the same applications. A great combo.