Sign in to follow this  
dag623

Enough Line Recovery???

Made the 2 hr drive to bps for the ever popular reel trade in, wanting a 7.1:1 Johnny Morris Signature reel for Carolina Rig and Jigging. With coupon in hand, was disappointed to find out the store only had 6.4:1 in stock, which I ended up buying, but am now questioning my decision. The line recovery is 28", which I think should be plenty, but I guess I just need some re-assurance on my decision... What do u think???

I think you will be just fine. 6.4 is actually a more versatile.

You did fine. 28 IPT is still a fast reel and I agree with RW that it a versatile speed. I bought a 7.1:1 Pro Qualifier a few years ago only because they did not have the 6.4 (26 IPT I think). It is a fine reel, but if I had to choose I would take the "slower" one. Enjoy!

I use a 7:1 for for topwater/shallow cranks just to keep up when I need to. My other reels are in the 6.?:1 range.

Thanks for input all and the peace of mind lol... ;-)

If you need re-assurance then why not go out and use it. Let your experience be your guide.

If you need re-assurance then why not go out and use it. Let your experience be your guide.

I'm pretty confident i could hit an auger hole on my cast, but landing one might be a little tricky :-P

Was Foxborough reasonably stocked or was it pretty picked over already? I have a 3 hr drive...

Was Foxborough reasonably stocked or was it pretty picked over already? I have a 3 hr drive...

Can only speak for the morris rods and reels, which we got last two 7'2MH signature, and they didnt have the 7.1s. I hear ya, we have a 2 hr haul ourselves but wanted to feel the morris before buying and they had the reel trade goin so...

Thanks man, nice smallie in your pic.

Thanks man, nice smallie in your pic.

Np, and thx for the compliment. Usually they look more like the ones in your profile pic tho... Swimmin the other way! Lol