bass fishing

fishing

fishing

fish for bass

fishing tips

fish

Photo

730Hp Ferrari Newest Addition To The Family

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#16 scrutch

scrutch

Faith, Family, Fishing....Nothing else matters!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted March 01 2012 - 11:26 PM

I think it's fun teasing the Italian car nuts into a fury. I'm a Vette fan because I'm a red blooded American and the Vette is a red blooded American too. Don't get me wrong, I think the Italian cars are pretty awesome. If I could afford one I'd have one sitting next to my Vette(s). Generally speaking, they're more refined and have much better interiors. I guess I'm just a bang for the buck guy and for me you just can't beat a Corvette.

This video is what I'm talking about...

#17 Redlinerobert

Redlinerobert

Peacocks for me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted March 01 2012 - 11:52 PM

Traction needs some help.

"How extravagant you are, throwing away women like that, someday they may be scarce" - Casablanca

#18 OHIO

OHIO

Cool Story Bro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 02:33 AM

Let's leave it at Mustangs are better than both.
"I've seen a lot of people who thought they were cool, but then again Lord I've seen a lot of fools." -Ronnie Van Zant

#19 Traveler2586

Traveler2586

Kicker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 03:24 AM

Do these cars have room for a trailer hitch??

#20 tipptruck1

tipptruck1

Beer, packers, fast cars, brewers, and fishing!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 03:44 AM

They both have there place. But you can not compare the two. The only vette that could scare Farrari is the zr1. But iam sure that still dosn't scare them. Like the 599 the f12 is a gt car. It is ment for long easy drives. It is not ment for the track. The same gos for the vette. Now you can campare the zr1 to the 458 italia. Both cars were made for the track. The Farrari is about 100k more. But they are closer in hp and weight.

If I never had to worry about money again. There would be no vette in my name. I know I would have a Porsche gt3 rs, Zonda r, BMW M3, a well tuned mustang, tuned wrx, a tuned 370z, And a 458 italia. And a few others.
keep your stick on the ice.

#21 Sfritr

Sfritr

HardWork beats Talent when Talent doesnt work hard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 07:48 AM

Look guys, comparing the history and elegance of a Ferrari to a vette is like drinking Boones Farm to a fine bourdeaux. Ferrari is elegance and craftsmanship at its peak. A vette, although nice, is a working mans Ferrari IMO. I'm just saying the new F12 has oddly similar lines and look. The purr of the Ferrari engine is unmistakable.
Neither car would every make it in my garage as they are not practical. Give me a truck any day. Can't pull a boat with a stallion.

#22 00 mod

00 mod

Dink dropping how many lbers?

• Global Moderator
  • 5,993 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 09:25 AM

Closet thing I will ever have to a Ferrari(because I can not afford one) is the 93 Allante sitting in my garage! :eyebrows:

Jeff

PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE "SCROUNGA" CLUB

Please read the Forum FAQs

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Become a member for FREE!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#23 Raider Nation Fisher

Raider Nation Fisher

Resident Pharmaceutical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 10:56 AM

To hell with th Italian cars. Nothing touches them fine German cars. And if its all about hp and speed they got that too. I believe its called a Bugatti Veyron. Personally I like the Mercedes E55 AMG.
Creepy Crawl! Creepy Crawl! Creepy Crawl!
Twist the 4-5 cap To get wrapped
Tight slap the wax on the wheels to feel alright! -Mushroomhead-

#24 J Francho

J Francho

Oink-Oink!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,570 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 11:01 AM

Do these cars have room for a trailer hitch??

My buddy tows his wake boat with his Z06, LOL.

Personally I like the Mercedes E55 AMG.

My cousin owned one. Fastest 0 - 100 - 0 for ANY car i've driven. Simply amazing.

Everything in moderation.

Join us: fishing-tips-fishing-knots-facebook.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-twitter.gif fishing-tips-fishing-knots-youtube.gif gplus-32.png

Note that you can report content and alert moderators by pressing the "Report" link when viewing the content.

#25 Raider Nation Fisher

Raider Nation Fisher

Resident Pharmaceutical Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 11:32 AM

My buddy tows his wake boat with his Z06, LOL.

My cousin owned one. Fastest 0 - 100 - 0 for ANY car i've driven. Simply amazing.

One of my former boss's had one. He let me drive it to his house or to various places every now and then. That car was completely amazing. I absolutely love that car.
Creepy Crawl! Creepy Crawl! Creepy Crawl!
Twist the 4-5 cap To get wrapped
Tight slap the wax on the wheels to feel alright! -Mushroomhead-

#26 Redlinerobert

Redlinerobert

Peacocks for me!

• Members
  • 4,930 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 11:36 AM

I had an E55. The way that thing pulled was nothing short of beastly. Once it got into the twisties though, different story. :)

Mustang better than both?

Posted Image

"How extravagant you are, throwing away women like that, someday they may be scarce" - Casablanca

#27 BrianinMD

BrianinMD

aka "Chatterface"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 12:13 PM

Having mustang being put into the same discussion as these other actual sports cars is an utter embarrassment to sports cars. The solid rear axle, over weight, nose heavy pigs are not even close to being sports cars. All the time I spent around sports car racing they were a joke, people laughed they were okay as long as you didn't have to turn or slow down....
My fishing addiction is a cure, not a disease!

I don't fail, I succeed in finding out what doesn't work

#28 scrutch

scrutch

Faith, Family, Fishing....Nothing else matters!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 12:49 PM

It's mostly true what you guys are saying about comparing the two. I just like to poke a little fun when the opportunity arises. They're in two different classes. The Ferrari has been engineered and built using no budget constraints. Using R&D from F1, again no budget. The Vette on the other hand is in a world of budgets. I think they've put together a pretty darned good car given the constraints of the budget. It makes me wonder what the Vette engineers could do with the spaghetti guys' money.

I guess I'm just a little ornery. Sorry Robert. :)

#29 OHIO

OHIO

Cool Story Bro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 02:29 PM

Having mustang being put into the same discussion as these other actual sports cars is an utter embarrassment to sports cars. The solid rear axle, over weight, nose heavy pigs are not even close to being sports cars. All the time I spent around sports car racing they were a joke, people laughed they were okay as long as you didn't have to turn or slow down....

Ok I realize that it has no place being compared to a Ferrari. I was trying to get under some peoples skin.
But it can't be compared to a Corvette?
The Mustang/Corvette rivalry is probably the oldest domestic SPORTS car rivalry in the country.
The Mustang isn't a sports car? What is it then?
You say they can't corner. They weren't designed for it.
They were designed to go in a straight line and beat Corvettes and Camaros and they do that pretty well.
"I've seen a lot of people who thought they were cool, but then again Lord I've seen a lot of fools." -Ronnie Van Zant

#30 J Francho

J Francho

Oink-Oink!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,570 posts

Posted March 02 2012 - 02:33 PM

The Mustang is a saloon. A Corvette is a coupe.

Everything in moderation.