dudemanbro

Which Small Baitcaster?

I want to buy a small baitcaster to use for worms/jigs because I find that the 200 size reels are uncomfortable to palm. I've seen the new chronarch 50e but $200 is out of my price range and the curado 50e's don't show up for sale very often. My question is what are some other alternatives that are around the same size in the $100 range. Doesn't have to be shimano.

quantum Antix

I couldnt picture using anything but the Curado 50E. Check ebay, they are always for sale.

I have two 51E Curado's........have not paid more than $100 for either of them thanks to Bass Resource.

I couldnt picture using anything but the Curado 50E. Check ebay, they are always for sale.

Listen to him!!!!!!!!!!! The ONLY thing better than a 50e is a Core 50 and they may be out of your price range. :Ninja1:

I've seen in more than a few different forums, posts about the 50 series reels not being hardy enough to be a pitching or flipping reel. Any truth opinions on that?

I've seen in more than a few different forums, posts about the 50 series reels not being hardy enough to be a pitching or flipping reel. Any truth opinions on that?

Id use something else. For one thing I like a 7.1 for jigs

Depends on what your flipping and pitching into. Down here in the Glades we need a 65# or better braided line to get the job done, so no it isnt. Now, if you are in more open, not so heavy of cover and using a sy 12# fluoro style, then yes. I use mine with 12# YoZuri, and mainly fish texas style rigged lizards/worms/frogs with a 1/32 oz bullet weight to a 3/0 widegap hook. If I wanted to start pitching a jig, I would just tie it on, but it wont be into extremely heavy cover. You would be surprised how much b@//$ this little bad boy has. And there is plenty of room for bearing and drag upgrade, just ask DVT!

The 50 size Curado is built just as well as the 200. They'll hold up to heavier use but really shine when throwing baits on the lighter end of baitcasting. The Core 50 gears will fit if you want a 7:1 but the 6.4:1 will work.