A-Jay

A Friendly Veterans Day Reminder . . . .

Section 9 of Title 4, US Code, allow members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform to render the military salute during hoisting, lowering, or passing of the flag, and the playing of the National Anthem.

Salute with Pride!

A-Jay

Regardless of civilian, retired or active, it's impossible to honor our veterans, both dead and alive, without a heart filled with pride.

• Like 3

Regardless of civilian, retired or active, it's impossible to honor our veterans, both dead and alive, without a heart filled with pride.

Indeed.

Also, on tomorrow's date, November 10th in the year 1775, in a small tavern in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Tun Tavern became the birth place of the United States Marine Corps. 237 years later we celebrate and honor the representation of the world's finest fighting force. IMHO, I feel it fitting that such a fine corps started in a tavern, most probably over a toast; I also raise my glass to all members of the Corps, past & present. Happy Anniversary.

As a Army vet, I remember and honor all service members that serve, have served and died for our country. Thank you for your efforts, you have made our Country strong.

:USA:

Salute!

God bless each and every veteran...................................Al

Just so I do forget, I'm devoting my evening to watching the Victory At Sea marathon.

:usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89: :usa-flag-89:

I was unfortunate to have to attend a funeral today for my fiancée's grandfather who was a marine during the Korean War. The funeral home told the family they were not sure if any marines would be able to make it due to a lot going on with it being Veterans Day.

As we pulled in to the cemetery we were greeted by three marines in full dress (I think that's what it is called) waiting to do their part. They did the flag folding and presented the flag to the widow. I am not much on ceremonies etc....but this was one of the most beautiful things I have witnessed.

So to all you veterans, thank you.

• Like 3

Far to sad in my opinion that we only recognise our Military on a calander date.

For all serving, who have served, and their families, I for one and my family shall forever be in your debt, far too often some take advantages of our freedoms without knowing the price we have paid in blood to live the lives we lead, some try to keep us from remembering the horrendous acts of violence pressed upon innocent people from the past and those of current times.

For ALL Military and families past and presant, We love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers, not just on this day, but every day.

God bless you all who have served and for those who are serving, God bless and come home safe !!!

Salute & show respect for those you have given their all so others could be safe.