zwhiten12

Spinnerbait Follow Up

Let's say a bass nails your spinnerbait and you miss the hook set for whatever reason. Should I cast the spinnerbait out again or switch lures? If I should switch lures, what is a good follow up lure? Thanks y'all!

I either cast the spinnerbait again or cast a weightless senko type bait.

• Like 2

I cast again.  Caught my PB (9.1 lbs) that way.  But if that doesn't get a strike, then I'll throw a worm, jig, tube, Senko...something with a slower, different action.

Cast again. It wanted it the first time, why not again? If that doesn't work a wacky rigged senko style bait is my next option. 

Everyone here is so knowledgeable, and always seems to have my answers and ideas lol. Cast again, or throw a senko- is what I do.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help y'all! Hopefully Ill catch the fish next time!

• Like 1

It all depends on how aggressive the fish have been.  If the fish have been aggressive then I'd throw the spinnerbait again.  If not, I'd go to a Senko, or split shot worm.

It's customary when someone I'm fishing with misses a fish on a bait like a spinnerbait to tell me and allow me to cast a lure of my choice at his lost opportunity. It's called courtesy. Yea right lol.

Best bait to follow up is weightless senko wacky rigged

Same with missing a fish on a buzz wit or crank bait. Fish miss baitfish all of the time in the real world. When they miss they often search for their wounded prey. Caught many retreads with this technique