Sign in to follow this  
katmandew

Super Slick 8 Vs Suffix 832 Braid

For those that use these lines, which is a better braid?  832 isn't as noisy as regular power pro, but It's still a tad noisy to me.  Wondering if the super slick 8 is any quieter and how does it cast vs the 832?  I was thinking of trying Super Slick 8, but if the general consensus is that they are pretty close to the same, I don't want to spend the money trying something I may be disappointed in.  Thoughts?

I'd stick with the regular PP. Me personally I've tried all the braids to catch fish from bluegills all the way to 300 pound sharks. PP stood above the rest. Most of the guides that I know of down in Islamorada, Fl use PP also. 

• Like 1

I use exclusively Suffix 832 now and switched over from Power Pro.  For me the Suffix seems to be a little more durable against frays as well as slightly quieter through the guides than Power Pro.  I use 832 for Musky fishing in Canada to drop shotting in Green Bay. Seems to handle all situations well.

I'll be testing Power Pro 8, along side original Power Pro, 832, and hopefully Kanzan.  Right now, it's still frozen, so nothing to report....

I have used both the slick 8 and the 832 there is very little difference between the two.

Ive used sufix 832, power pro, super slick, regular sufix braid, berkley pro, and probally a few others. The most quiet is definitely super slick. What i liked most was regular power pro. followed by the regular sufix braid.

Im going to give the seaguar kanzen a shot soon...

Regular PP as well.

X2

For those that prefer the regular power pro, I'm Curious what the downside is to the 832 and Super Slick 8?  Does it fray easier?  Not as strong?  Cast as well?  The noise regular PP makes coming through the guides really gets on my nerves.  Other than that I have no complaints tho.  If SS-8 is the quietest, holds up as well, and casts as well, I may want to give it a go.

I just got spools of 10 lb SS8 and 832 to try them side by side.  The SS8 seems very slick and I think it will certainly be quieter through the guides than regular PP.  It says it is slightly smaller diameter than the 832 - but maybe because of its darker green color, the 832 LOOKS thinner.  The SS8 is a light green color that has a shine to it, which I'm not in love with.  I've used 20 lb 832 and liked it better than regular PP.  Fishing them waits warmer weather!