Sign in to follow this  
powerduster

Absolute Worst Day.

Went to the dam to try and catch my first smallmouth and started out throwing a kvd 2.5 squarebill and after maybe 20 minutes I had a really nice fish on. It was pulling drag out and that hardly ever happens to me. I don't know what it was, since it came off. Have no idea wether a large smallie can pull drag like that. Made a few more casts hoping for another bite but then got snagged up real nice and broke off. After that I lost 2 gary yamamoto swimbaits then switched to a yo-zuri crystal minnow and caught a small herring in the eye. About my fourth cast my lure grabbed my ulgy stik ultra light from behind me and tossed it into the water to my surprise. I was going to use that for shad and lost the small lure with that too. It did'nt seem like it fell that far so i took everything out of my pockets and rolled up my pants and walked in. I turned around after the water reached past my hips. I grabbed my stuff and ran to my car and drove home. I'm gonna come by tommorrw when the tide is low and try and get my rod back hopefully.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but unfortunately those days happen on the water. Good luck, I hope you get your rod back.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but unfortunately those days happen on the water. Good luck, I hope you get your rod back.

Thanks and sorry had to vent. I did check on it today and couldn't see it and really did not feel like getting in the water again. At least it wasn't expensive.

Thanks and sorry had to vent. I did check on it today and couldn't see it and really did not feel like getting in the water again. At least it wasn't expensive.

Indeed. Buddy of mine lost $80 sunglasses, a $100 rod/reel combo and a bunch more after inadvertently bumping a wasp nest while out kayaking. Had to dive in to avoid the swarm. He leashes everything now...

Bad stuff happens, at least you seem to have a good attitude about it.

Wow, now thats terrible luck for your friend. I was pretty upset, but got over it pretty quick. If that happened to me I would be furious at myslef. As for my rod combo I lost, yes it still sucks as I have 2 rods to work with now;on the otherhand, I need to upgrade my gear, as I'm becoming more serious about bass fishing.

Wow, now thats terrible luck for your friend. I was pretty upset, but got over it pretty quick. If that happened to me I would be furious at myslef. As for my rod combo I lost, yes it still sucks as I have 2 rods to work with now;on the otherhand, I need to upgrade my gear, as I'm becoming more serious about bass fishing.

What kind of combo did you lose?

Yesterday almost fell out of the boat and broke my rod, bent my reel handle and a lure on my stradic and mojobass.  I was able to bend the reel back to almost normal and can get the rod replaced for 30+$  Goods news is I caught my limit and a nice bass.  You will have these days, chin up keep at it and you will hook another..

I once lost a combo on the first cast after I had just purchased it. Was fishing with a girl and focusing on her while bait fishing, looked back just as it went across the lake with a fish. Still had the reciept in my pocket.