Sign in to follow this  
CiMo

Question About What I Bought Yesterday.

So I bought some Havoc rocket craws in green pumpkin and green pumpkin with purple flake... I wanted ragetail brand but all they had were the really big ones. Will these work good or do they work good? Also bought some bill lewis rat-l-traps and some tequila sunrise colored u-tales.

You did good. The Bait Monkey is proud of your selections.

RageTail craws move fast in the water. The Havoc's claws are supposed to move fast and move a lot of water.

Be sure to use some MegaStrike on the Havoc's, especially the long antenna coming off the bait.

Just keep looking for those RageTails. You can't go wrong and it will give you some thing to look forward to purchasing.

As for the Rat-L-Traps, what colors did you get?

You may want to consider changing the hooks to one size larger. Just a suggestion.

The U-Tales will be good fished Texas, drop shot, shaky head or on a Carolina rig.

Post pics.

I have never used the rocket craw, but I'm sure they will catch fish, the havoc are pretty good baits. You can trim the lobsters down a bit if they are too big for you, just for future reference. The rat l traps are always a fish catcher, and the tequila sunrise u tails work good around here, I used to fish them with a split shot rig, dragging them.

Just about any bait if not all baits in those two colors are good!

You did good. The Bait Monkey is proud of your selections.

RageTail craws move fast in the water. The Havoc's claws are supposed to move fast and move a lot of water.

Be sure to use some MegaStrike on the Havoc's, especially the long antenna coming off the bait.

Just keep looking for those RageTails. You can't go wrong and it will give you some thing to look forward to purchasing.

As for the Rat-L-Traps, what colors did you get?

You may want to consider changing the hooks to one size larger. Just a suggestion.

The U-Tales will be good fished Texas, drop shot, shaky head or on a Carolina rig.

Post pics.

The color on the rat-l-traps I got were - chrome blue bleeding shad and liv-n-chrom also got a small 1/4 spinner in baby bass.

I also ordered from the the site Rapala® Rattlin' Rapala® 1/2 oz Lipless Crankbait - baby bass & H2O Xpress™ 2LIVE Series 5/8 oz. Lipless Crankbait - male bluegill

I like the rocket craws as a jig trailer, haven't used them T-rigged but I'm sure they'll work. I pull the legs and antennas off before I fish them.