Sign in to follow this  
bigbill

Why Dont We See??

Why do we see only low profile baitcasters in one average size? Why don't we see the baitcasters offered in sizes like the spinning reels like the 100, 200 & 300 sizes. But the sizes that make more sense would be a baitcaster offers in 100, 150, 200 sizes. The jump in sizes would relate to more line on the spools. My point is the low profile reels now just look too small on the larger rods. Or is it me just being new to bait caster setups?

To me there's a gap between the low profile and the round winch type baitcasting reels.

Is it possible that we put too large of a pound test on the smaller reels mono wise or are most of the fisherman using more braided lines?

They are offered in many sizes. Quantums 100 and 200, Daiwa 100 and 103 shallow spools.  Shimano 50, 100, 200, and 300 sizes.  DO a little window shopping, and note whether models have a shallow spool, or "U" shaped deep spool.  Compare line capacity as well.

• Like 1

Why exactly would you want a monstrous reel on for bass fishing lures that range in the 1/8th to 1oz range? Other than chucking big profile swimbaits?  But a John mentioned, there are different sizes of low profile reels out there already.

Abu offers different spool capacity on their Toro line 

I guess I been looking at the wrong brands thanks guys

They do make different size casting reels... for low profile there's 50, 100, 200, and 300 sizes in the low profile reels. Then round style reels go even higher like size 400.

They are offered in many sizes. Quantums 100 and 200, Daiwa 100 and 103 shallow spools.  Shimano 50, 100, 200, and 300 sizes.  DO a little window shopping, and note whether models have a shallow spool, or "U" shaped deep spool.  Compare line capacity as well.

What he said. ^^^ I have both the Smoke 100 and 150 and Curado 50 and 200. Looking for a 300 at the right price.

low profile becasue there lighter, and you dont need a huge line capacity, i mean most people dont even use a full spool of line, i have about 75-85 yards of backing them my main line and i never need more, and lightweight reels become critical after casting all day for a 3 day tourny, plus small size makes them so you can actually palm the reel.

those are some reasons why i love low profile reels

low profile becasue there lighter, and you dont need a huge line capacity, i mean most people dont even use a full spool of line, i have about 75-85 yards of backing them my main line and i never need more, and lightweight reels become critical after casting all day for a 3 day tourny, plus small size makes them so you can actually palm the reel.

those are some reasons why i love low profile reels

My man, a reel´s profile has nothing to do with how much it weights, the components weight is what determines how much it weights; line capacity has nothing to do with reel size either, it´s the shape and depth of the spool what determines the capacity; reel size also has little to do with palmability, it´s how the reel foot is located in relation to the reel shape which determines how high or low on the rod´s reel seat that will make the reel more or less palmable.

i look like a fool now lol