Sign in to follow this  
Bassnajr

Jackall Bros. Deka Hama Ku Ru....need some info./help....

Hey all....

I lost my best topwater this year and have been looking all over to replace it. On the top was printed DEKA Hama Ku Ru. (It's basically the Mikey without the bill) It had two full treble hooks and NO BILL on the front. It had three sections. All the lures I am seeing now have a bill. I did buy a similar lure but it is TINY and has two...um....double hooks instead of trebles??? I would have to throw this lure with a spinning set up it is so small so it needs to go back to Japan. I now assume I had a discontinued lure that is no longer made and won't be able to replace this. ANY help would be greatly appreciated...PLEASE HELP ME FIND A REPLACEMENT!!!! Yup...this is THAT lure for me!! :)

Alan (bassnajr)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackall-Bros-Lake-Polic-Deka-Hamakuru-Mat-Tiger-/140443651403?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b3180d4b#ht_652wt_1141

These are not cheap and this guy charges $5 for shipping, from Japan. I think if you buy multiples from him he gives a break on shipping.

saw those...they appear to have a lip as well...don't they?? Anyway I e-mailed him to ask.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

I think the only one without a lip is the link I sent you, all the others I found have the lip. zoom in on the pic I sent you.

I zoomed...even with the cheaters on I can't tell....

I asked the seller anyway. What time is it in Japan any way!!??

looking at the deka's I think the ones in a purple box don't have lips. that seller has 3 available in the purple, you can see the difference if you look at a lipped one.

For rare or odd Japanese stuff like that the only two places I know of are ebay and Ichiban tackle.

http://www.ichibantackle.com/showproductdetail.asp?productid=1346&name=DEKA HAMAKURU&manufacturename=JACKALL BROS. (LAKE POLICE)

Is this it?

Allen

that's it! but they're all sold out. I think the deka hama ku ru r is the newer model with the lip and the other one has been discontinued.

looking at the deka's I think the ones in a purple box don't have lips. that seller has 3 available in the purple, you can see the difference if you look at a lipped one.

VERY observant grasshopper...I hope you are right!!!!!

hello - I have a few of these that I was going to sell, bought them a year ago and just never tie them on.  If you send me your email to jroetzel@neo.rr.com- I can send you photos of them later today.

best and favorable winds

shadrac