aceman387

'one Ring' Phone Scam

I'm not sure I understand the concept of the scam.  A random call is made, you answer, and your credit card gets billed?  How do they link a random call to your card?  Makes no sense at all.

You miss the call, because it rings only once, then because your so nosy, you call it back and your cell bill gets charged for an international call. A deceiving headline for sure.

The article cites fraudulent credit card charges, not cell phone charges.

The article cites fraudulent credit card charges, not cell phone charges.

Yep, thats the deceiving part, they kind of added 2 aspects of the article into 1 tricky sentence.

If a number calls I don't know. I will not pick up the phone. I figure if they are some one important. They will leave a message. I also have a tendency to goggle numbers I don't know.

• Like 2

International numbers are unique. Ill only call back numbers I know are US based

J, when you call back it is usually a sex line.

The recording starts and holds your attention for one, two or three minutes before the say they are transferring you to someone.

All this time your telephone bill is being charge an enormous amount of which some of the money goes to the sex line.

Do not call the number back.

Get on the Internet and Google the phone number and read what others have to say about it.

Old scam that is being brought up once again.

Be careful. Until we execute these types of criminals for what they do the fraudulent practices will continue.

I don't call back, unless the number is in my contacts, or they leave a message.  Heck, I rarely answer my phone, lol.

Again, Sam - the article cite credit card charges of $10 per call.  I'm not sure how they get your card number through your phone.  Makes no sense, sounds a bit fishy.

I don't call back, unless the number is in my contacts, or they leave a message.  Heck, I rarely answer my phone, lol.

Again, Sam - the article cite credit card charges of $10 per call.  I'm not sure how they get your card number through your phone.  Makes no sense, sounds a bit fishy.

January 30, 2014 -- Better Business Bureau is warning cell phone users about the ''One Ring'' scam and a new credit card scam.

There are 2 different scams.

If a number calls I don't know. I will not pick up the phone. I figure if they are some one important. They will leave a message. I also have a tendency to goggle numbers I don't know.

I do the same. Usually when you google a number you'll find a forum of people reporting the same number. If you don't take that as a warning, you deserve to be scammed for being a moron. :)

J, when you call back it is usually a sex line.

The recording starts and holds your attention for one, two or three minutes before the say they are transferring you to someone.

All this time your telephone bill is being charge an enormous amount of which some of the money goes to the sex line.

Do not call the number back.

Get on the Internet and Google the phone number and read what others have to say about it.

Old scam that is being brought up once again.

Be careful. Until we execute these types of criminals for what they do the fraudulent practices will continue.

How do you know?