tomustang

I Found A Reason To Like Drones, Then The Faa Ruined It

I don't think it's gonna "fly", too easy for minors to purchase and get delivery, unless a copy of a driver's license is forwarded via smart phone first.

Also stated in the article about Coloradians trying to make it legal to shoot down drones.  Would they be willing to pay for the drones and damaged property?  I say let the drones shoot back, it's case of self defense.

I recall reading somewhere some farmer shot down a drone flying over his property and is now being prosecuted to the full extent of the law

What kind of weapons system is this guy operating?

He probably has a rifle.

(stunned look)

Ok, it was a high powered rifle.

Best line in any recent movie.

I recall reading somewhere some farmer shot down a drone flying over his property and is now being prosecuted to the full extent of the law

He should be.  Just because something is flying over your property doesn't give the right to shoot it down.  Any difference had it been a hang glider or single engine plane?  Probably not the issue where this farmer was, but thought should be given to where that bullet is going fall if it misses the target.  Just another dumass with a gun and no head.

A property owner does have the right to build a structure that may force an aircraft to avoid it.  That structure must conform to local zoning and be of a legitimate use, not for the sole purpose to adversely affect airflight.  A 40 story barn sounds good to me.......