roadwarrior

Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line

Too expensive.  While I haven't tried it, I don't think it will be any improvement over PP or 832 braid. If there is sound evidence that it excels over other brands, please share.

Hey RW. I have tried it and have it spooled up on my flipping rod and reel. My personal opinion is that it is as smooth if not smoother than 832 and PP slick out of the box. It is very nice and supple and quite strong. I have 50lb test spooled on my tatula type r. I have only fished it a handful of times, but this braid feels like the Tatsu of braided lines. Not worth using on everyday fishing, but definitely worth the investment come tourney time. I will fish it hard this summer and give a more detailed review. Initial impression are very high though. 

• Like 1

It is on sale for the BPS Classic, 25% off I think.

I have 65 on my new Curado I that I've been breaking in and 50 on a Tatula.

Great line. Smooth and strong. No issues yet...

Hey RW. I have tried it and have it spooled up on my flipping rod and reel. My personal opinion is that it is as smooth if not smoother than 832 and PP slick out of the box. It is very nice and supple and quite strong. I have 50lb test spooled on my tatula type r. I have only fished it a handful of times, but this braid feels like the Tatsu of braided lines. Not worth using on everyday fishing, but definitely worth the investment come tourney time. I will fish it hard this summer and give a more detailed review. Initial impression are very high though. 

This answered a question I was thinking.  I am looking forward to your review down4ttown.  Although I might have some tied on come May.  That will be the first tourny I can even fish this year.  

I picked up a spool at the BPS 20% off sale.  With cheap backer it will fill 2-3 spools.  I'll let you know how it goes but just handing it coming off the spool, it's nice and slick and limp.  I have the 20lb.

I'm also very interested in it. Sounds like an excellent braid for both spinning and casting. I want some 20lb on my spinning rod, same as 6lb mono

I had a spool in my basket at BPS but couldnt go for it. The Kanzen braid was very weak plus the lack of customer support couldnt give my money to them agian.

Kanzan is what I have been using for about a  year. I have had no issues.

Tired Kanzan and did not like it at 10-15lb test.  I bought the smackdown and spooled it on two of my spinning setups (15lb).  Let's see how this works out.

I just bought a spool of 40lbs. I'll try to give a detailed report at the end of the season.

I have 30# on my lews bb1 pro and I love it. Its smooth and supple and casts a mile. I liked it so much that I bought the 65# for flipping. The 65# isn't as smooth to the touch and, of course, much stiffer. I definitely recommend the 30#. Only time will tell how I feel about the 65#.