Sign in to follow this  
FL_Sharpshooter

Who Makes this Lipless Crank?

Just caught my first ever bass using a lipless crankbait last night. She was around 2 1/2 lbs, decided to give lipless cranks one more shot after I saw an episode of The Bass Pro's KVD showing his techniques for the red eye shad. Just curious who makes this bait, I did a little searching of my own, but couldn't come to a conclusion. It looks like a baby bass pattern to me, but no idea on the maker. Any help from you gurus? 8-)

post-29803-130162888791_thumb.jpg

I have no idea...................shape/size looks like it might be a Daiwa, or Yo-zuri.

I have no idea...................shape/size looks like it might be a Daiwa, or Yo-zuri.

Funny you mentioned Daiwa, I thought it looked sort of similar to that too.  I also have another one that's in a different color of green.

It looks like it could one of these but they both print their names on the belly or top of the lure.

Tight Lines

Pa Angler

Is that custom paint or an original finish...looks custom to me. Older Daiwa maybe??? I can't find anything with that deep cut L ( gillplate) behind the eye. It also looks like an older Yo-Zuri model.  :-? :-? :-?

I cant see the hooks really well but from what I can see it looks like they are nice. Did you put those on there? Because that bait looks like one of those cheap-o lures that look like a good one, but have bad hooks and bad action. Possibly bass pro brand or something?

I'm 99% sure that is a Wal-Mart special Renegade rattle bait that they have in the cardboard boxes laying on the bottom racks for a couple bucks. Couldn't find one in that color online but did find a couple and they look exactly alike otherwise.

I'm 99% sure that is a Wal-Mart special Renegade rattle bait that they have in the cardboard boxes laying on the bottom racks for a couple bucks. Couldn't find one in that color online but did find a couple and they look exactly alike otherwise.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  ;)

That's exactly what I was thinking. ;)

I knew you gentlemen would figure it out :).  Doesn't matter to me if they're cheap-o, they work for me and that's all I care about.  Thanks to everyone for all of their quick responses.