*Hank

Line For Spybaiting?

Mono or flouro for spy baits also what lb. test?

I know I'm "not supposed to do it" but I use very light (15lb) braid for spybaits. 

I can't often purchase lures this expensive, and I don't want to get in the habit. So for me it's easier to just use braid so I'm more confident in the off chance I'd snag something. I wouldn't want to lose a $15 lure because I snagged a stick on my 4lb flouro.

I've not noticed any catch decrease from it, although I do have to wait a couple more seconds to let it sink, and have to reel it a bit slower to keep it from rising in the water column too quickly.

But yea, Duo makes great stuff, I just don't want to have to buy it very often! :)

6 lb YoZury Hybrid.

With spy baits you want the lightest line you can get away with, heavier line kills some of the action.

• Like 1

depends on the spybait....

I use flouro as you want that line to to sink and stay in the contact zone as long as possible...

Ive worked closely with DUO over the last 2 years and have learned a ton about spybaiting and their other baits...

I don know guys using braid up on St Clair and seem to be doing just fine..

for the spinbait 80 4-6lb

80 G fix 8-10lb

90 10-12lb is fine...

I currently run 6lb. Seagur red label on my spinning combo so I guess that will work.

I've been spy baiting for about a year and a half and I would recommend 7-8 lb Sunline Finnesse or SL Sniper FC. However I don't and haven't had any problems throwing it on a spinning rod with braid and a long flouro leader. Experiment... Just use the countdown method so you don't get hung up, and you want a sometimes slow and steady retrieve or sometimes they like some action on it too.

6lb copoly