Sign in to follow this  
WSOzzie

Stradic Fj Vs. Saros Fa Spinning

From what I've been able to research, both are comparable in price and weight. I would love some insight from those who have owned. Plan is to build a dropshot rig with either the new megabass or a reliable higher end St. Croix (depending on Santa's giftcard workshop.....). As always, I appreciate the consideration.

T

Stradic would be my choice. Drag is super smooth. And I like the looks of the stradic.

The stradic is a little more solid feeling and looks better, but I like the saros a lot too. The rapid fire drag on the saros is a nice addition. They're pretty similar to me, though the Stradic just has that something extra.

i have a Stradic FJ 2500.....hands down the best spinning reel I've ever owned. Its not the lightest, but it's by far the most solid feeling and smooth. 

If you look around you should be able to find both or at least the stradic for around 20% less than retail. If money is not an issue stradic would be my choice.

I own the saros but prefer the stradic :) !!!!

I have two Stradic fj reels (2500 and 3000) and love them both. Solid and smooth and they will last for years. Tried lighter spinning reels with mag frames and kept coming back to my Stradic (and Symetre) reels.

I have the stradic fj 4000 for saltwater use and love it. The only thing I don't like is the useless anti reverse switch and pointless grease port on the side plate. I felt the saros at a shop and liked it, but I'm more willing to get it new and used than pay full price. The pricier it is the more I want it brand new.