Sign in to follow this  
TyTheAngler

Using A Skinny Dipper Like A Senko?

I have never used the Skinny Dipper but I have some now, and I see people say they can rig them weightless. Do I use it the same as the senko? will the bass hit it on the fall or do I have a better chance swimming it?

The bait needs to be weighted to get the maximum action from the paddletail.

:occasion5:

• Like 1

The Reaction Innovations Skinny Dipper is a fairly versatile bait that can be effective in and around all types of structure.

When you're faced with vegetation you can rig the Skinny Dipper weedless and swim it over grass beds or rig it on a weighted swim bait hook and run it through sumbmerged weeds.

The slender design of the Skinny Dipper coupled with the paddle tail creates a vibration in the water.

The Skinny Dipper can also be deadly fished on a Carolina rig over humps and creek channels with grass and brush.

A-Jay

• Like 3

Yes they can...i was working on through the weeds once and had a slight issue and i killed it for a few minutes...as i was messing with my trolling motor i felt a tic tic and boom fish on lol

• Like 1

I have caught a lot more fish by rigging paddle tail swimbaits ( Skinny Dippers included ) weedless unweighted and fishing them like jerkbaits than in any other way they are "supposed" to be rigged and fished.

• Like 2