Sign in to follow this  
fsufan82

Bass Boat In The 10-15K Range?

Does anyone have any good recommendations on bass boats in the the 10-15k range? I would like fiberglass over aluminum but I am open to opinions. It would be used in North FL and South GA with some local tournament fishing. I guess what I am asking is, is it better to get an older fiberglass or a newer aluminum? Also any specific makes I should look for or avoid? Thanks guys

I sent you a PM on a 2002 Bass Cat for sale at $12,000 here in Florida.

• Like 1

I sent you a PM on a 2002 Bass Cat for sale at $12,000 here in Florida.

Here in Florida? Did you migrate south?

• Like 1

Fiberglass vs aluminum........that will be decision that you have to make.

I went with fiberglass because back in the mid 80's when I wanted a boat......I read and heard that fiberglass was better than aluminum because the wind has less effect on fiberglass (did not get blown around as much).

I didn't get my first boat until 3 years ago. But that little seed took a strong hold in my ol noggin.

And shop.....I just bought my 2nd boat for 18k and it books for 35k.......there are deals to be had.

I don't know how true that actually is.......but for me in my head I wanted to go glass.

My point is.......that you have to be happy. It's your money and you will be the one fishes hint out of it.

So in the end......it's all up to you.

Sorry not much help I know.

Fish with people you know that have either kind and read posts and draw your conclusions.

Good luck.

Craigslist is great if you are patient and check daily. I shopped around for close to a year and did a TON of research before pulling the trigger on my boat. I ended up in an 2011 Xpress H-18SS w/ Yamaha v-max 150hp. STELLAR boat. I went aluminum because a ton of people pointed out "if it's your first personal boat, you'll probably make a lot of mistakes and aluminum is more forgiving than glass."

I'm glad I went aluminum because those people were right... I have definitely made some mistakes in the learning process and aluminum is way more forgiving. Just to put it out there --- these XPRESS boats H series and better run just like glass boats. Mine will pull 60mph now that I have it setup perfect and it runs safely too. Great boat and would recommend one. 

Shop around, I spent just a tad more than what you're top end is on mine.

20150125_163229_zpswjj1n5cz.jpg

Nice boat!

I'm in the same boat (see what I did there).

After doing a lot of research, I want a 2000 or newer Triton Tr-186 with a Merc XR6 150 on it.  The storage and setup and size are about what I want.  

• Like 1

We searched for a while for ours. 1997 Ranger 391 XT. Smoothest boat I have ever been in on rough water. Paid 13,500 for it. At the time of purchase, it had two brand new Lowrance HDS9/HDS12 priced at near 6,000. So it came out to be one of the best boats Forrest Wood ever made for roughly 7,000. Hard to beat that for a boat in factory condition.

Shop around, I spent just a tad more than what you're top end is on mine.

Is that a 150hp? 18ft? What kind of speed are you getting?

Is that a 150hp? 18ft? What kind of speed are you getting?

It's a 150 and the boat is 18' 9". I haven't taken it anywhere I could really run it yet but with all my gear, 2 guys and a dog we got to 55. With just me, the gear and dog I touched 60 before I had to come off plane (on a 200 acre lake you run out of water fast). 

I got a brand new Tracker pro170 last year and i love it. Remember youll have taxes tags and all that good stuff also and if from dealer dealer prep and freight fees. Mine all said and done was like 12,500 and the list price was 10,500.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on bass boats in the the 10-15k range? I would like fiberglass over aluminum but I am open to opinions. It would be used in North FL and South GA with some local tournament fishing. I guess what I am asking is, is it better to get an older fiberglass or a newer aluminum? Also any specific makes I should look for or avoid? Thanks guys

So...how is your search going?

Thanks for the replies everyone. We actually have a Boston Whaler we are trying to sell right now and then we are going to get a bass boat with the money from that. The boat is priced at $14,995 so that's why I was looking in the 10-15k range. There are a few local ones but nothing that has really caught our eye yet. I feel like more people will be selling once it starts to warm up a bit more.