Sign in to follow this  
BDfishing

Messed Up, Looking For Lew's Replacement Parts

Tried changing bearings on a BB1SHZL & the pin would not come out, destroyed the pin & also the shaft & Boca pliers are broke. Can I get a new shaft which looks like it is pressed in or do I need a whole spool replacement, any help or links would be appreciated

Thanks Bill

you're going to need a new spool. I hate those pliers. 

• Like 1

Call Lew's, order a new spool and run the stock bearing after flushing in place and adding light oil. 

• Like 1

I was gonna say...I'll bet Lew's either sent you an RA...or a new spool with new bearings and a new shaft and new pin. Why? Because they roll like a country neighbor...that's why.

Lew's took care of me, Great customer service

They do have the best customer service. I've only had to get three parts from them in the past but they sent me each part for free all three times!! No hassle or arguing, no wanting you to send the reel in to them so they can "look" at it like Shimano and Diawa.

They do have the best customer service. I've only had to get three parts from them in the past but they sent me each part for free all three times!! No hassle or arguing, no wanting you to send the reel in to them so they can "look" at it like Shimano and Diawa.

I've had at least a dozen different small parts sent to me free of charge from Daiwa. Never once asked me to send the reel in. I've used Lews customer service before and my experiences were also good. The knobs started to peel on me, and they sent me a new set. Okuma has great customer service. Sent me a new handle for a spinning reel for free. Mistake was my fault, but they didn't worry about it. Recently had to do a warranty return on a Veritas for a buddy. Abu sent me a new Veritas 2.0 for $10. Honestly the only issues I had were with Shimano when I placed a parts order. Sending me wrong items. Charging me for their mistake. Taking a few weeks to sort it out, and put the money back on my bank card. That was a ***** show there. Won't do that again.

I've had at least a dozen different small parts sent to me free of charge from Daiwa. Never once asked me to send the reel in. I've used Lews customer service before and my experiences were also good. The knobs started to peel on me, and they sent me a new set. Okuma has great customer service. Sent me a new handle for a spinning reel for free. Mistake was my fault, but they didn't worry about it. Recently had to do a warranty return on a Veritas for a buddy. Abu sent me a new Veritas 2.0 for $10. Honestly the only issues I had were with Shimano when I placed a parts order. Sending me wrong items. Charging me for their mistake. Taking a few weeks to sort it out, and put the money back on my bank card. That was a ***** show there. Won't do that again.

I've had great experiences wit daiwa customer service in the past, but the last few times it's been a hassle. Same thing with shimano, they used to have good customer service but not anymore.