Sign in to follow this  
Dan_the_fisher

Custom Lure Painter

I am looking for someone who can do a nice job on a 9" ms slammer I have, it is in hitch currently and I would like to have a good rainbow trout pattern. Who does good quality work with a quick turnover??

www.hugescustombaits.com

Sample of his work:

AShimmeringShad.jpg

Brock, Pizz, Kevin and a few others.

Post on the Swimbait Universe group (facebook).

I like Bubonic's work, but dunno how his prices are compared to other custom painters.

I would second using Tim Hughes. He is a great guy and does remarkable custom paint jobs. 

there are a lot of guys who paint beautifully but there are only a couple who do a good rainbow trout. Its as if they have never seen one before. I have seen way to many that have a grass green top and an overwhelming pink side

Member "A-Jay" posted a custom lure painters website in a post a while back when someone asked for a similar suggestion. Granted it wasn't for a painted swimbait but the guy did outstanding work. If it is realism you are after it would be worth a look. Hopefully A-Jay sees this and chimes in...

• Like 1

Member "A-Jay" posted a custom lure painters website in a post a while back when someone asked for a similar suggestion. Granted it wasn't for a painted swimbait but the guy did outstanding work. If it is realism you are after it would be worth a look. Hopefully A-Jay sees this and chimes in...

Bait Werks - have used them a few times - did a couple of Bull Shad for me - 

Dwain Batey does high quality work.  There are several Killer colors & patterns on their site you can choose from or they will do whatever you want.

The Sick Series is just that Sick !

http://baitwerks.com/about/about-us/

A-Jay

• Like 3

there are a lot of guys who paint beautifully but there are only a couple who do a good rainbow trout. Its as if they have never seen one before. I have seen way to many that have a grass green top and an overwhelming pink side

Do you have any suggestions on a good painter?

Brock Hiroshima. He is one of the very few who can paint a decent rainbow trout.

I would third Tim Hughes... There's a few trout in the White River system so I'm sure he knows what one should look like.

When you look at a sample of somebodies trout pattern, if your first impression is green and pink then that is incorrect and IMO ugly. You first impression should be bright silver. Then an olive top. The pink or reddish sides can vary but it should be thin and usually subtle. Like I said VERY FEW guys paint a good trout.

On a slammer I wouldn't worry about a top notch paint job. It'd be different if it was a glide bait.