Sign in to follow this  
Raider Nation Fisher

Booze And Swill (Other Than Whiskey And Bourbon)

So for those of us with a more complex, or less classy, palate. (Depending on whom you ask) I am starting this thread in honor of you. Personally I am a huge fan of Brandy and Cognac. My favorites being in the XO lineage, and when money allows a Napoleon or Louis XIII. However, I will not turn my nose up at mixing a decent vsop into a terrific drink.

But Raider, those are pricey and this thread says swill in the title... Fear not my children! For Raider ain't a Raider for no good reason. I sometimes enjoy slumming it so to speak. In which case MD 20/20, and Wild Irish Rose are one of my drinks of choice. The fruity taste and wonderful bouquet make these a perfect drink for those "balling on a budget" or those with a less refined palate. I have had many glorious nights of mischief and fun, whilest having a bottle of MD clutched tightly in my hand. Wrapped in its requisite brown bag with a gas guage cut in the side.

I am also quite the enthusiast of Vodka. Russian made preferably. Not that foul tasting stuff the French manufacture. If you want decent potato water get it from a Nordic country, an eastern bloc country or from the source, Mother Russia. The French know as much about making vodka as the Russians do about making Champagne.

Please share or favorite Booze and/or swill below....

Moonshine or Tequila-although I only drink on vacation. Typically my vacations take me to Appalachia or Mexico. The life of a bilingual redneck.

• Like 1

I've made homemade apple pie moonshine a time or two. It's great stuff and was really popular with some of the local guys on the board. I know for a fact I shouldn't ever drink a whole jar by myself while watching a baseball game again. I had that warm fuzzy feeling while I was sitting on the couch. Then after the game I stood up to go to bed and had that "I'm falling over" feeling.

• Like 2

Scottjish ale and wee heavy ale are my weakness. Ice cold poured in a frosty Belhaven glass.

Cures what ails ya.

• Like 1