Sign in to follow this  
Gilbone

Big Bass Shallow In Fall

Yesterday i went out and was fishing around at my local marina and stumbled across a strip of the bank where it was 3-4 foot deep. Just walking around the bank looking and a fish swirled the top of the water and took off. I sat down behind a tree and just waited until the fish came back. About 2 min later the big large mouth came right back in the same spot as if she was making a bed. She sat there and about 2 min later another big large mouth shows up and sits next to the other one. I pitched a jig infront of her face and she took off. I did this a few times what would you guys do or throw at these bass?

Inactive bass sunning, not feeding can be very spooky fish. Dead stick a floating lure and give it a twitch every few minutes might trigger a strike.

Tom

• Like 2

If it happens again, and they come back to the same spot, maybe try getting your bait out there before they come back and then very very slowly bring it back only after they come back.

• Like 1

If it happens again, and they come back to the same spot, maybe try getting your bait out there before they come back and then very very slowly bring it back only after they come back.

X2. I would flip out a senko or ned before they came back. Once they come back fish them just like you are bed fishing. Slow and subtle movements. 

X2. I would flip out a senko or ned before they came back. Once they come back fish them just like you are bed fishing. Slow and subtle movements.

X3

Except I would use a Stand-up jig like a Spot Remover with a craw worm or lizard. I want to be able to impart action without moving the lure.

• Like 1

X3

Except I would use a Stand-up jig like a Spot Remover with a craw worm or lizard.

I want to be able to impart action without moving the lure.

u read my mind!!