Sign in to follow this  
everythingthatswims

New Years Trout

image.thumb.jpeg.70315d078458798668c6509

Got into the trout today. Chilly but fun nonetheless! 11 Browns and 11 rainbows for me, a mix of stocked and wild fish. My dad took the cake with a 17" wild brown. All wild fish were returned to the creek, a few stocked fish were invited to dinner.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

So perfect they look fake.

Congrats

A-Jay

Fly or spin?  I keep meaning to hit up a few spots on the Chattahoochee River just north of Atlanta to see if I can coax a few trout but for one reason or another I'm never able to.

42 minutes ago, Chris at Tech said:

Fly or spin?  I keep meaning to hit up a few spots on the Chattahoochee River just north of Atlanta to see if I can coax a few trout but for one reason or another I'm never able to.

I had my fly rod with me because I planned to fly fish but the river was way up because of rain. All the split shot in the world couldn't get a nymph where it needed to be. Spinning rod saved the day. I was drifting soft plastic eggs.

Hey, no shame lost to me :)  The guide I fish most with in Hilton Head keeps trying to get me to pick up a fly rod but I ain't touchin' one of those.  The last thing I need is to have a new (and expensive) reason to buy even more tackle!

What did you use?

On 1/1/2016 at 5:39 PM, everythingthatswims said:

I had my fly rod with me because I planned to fly fish but the river was way up because of rain. All the split shot in the world couldn't get a nymph where it needed to be. Spinning rod saved the day. I was drifting soft plastic eggs.

12 minutes ago, chris7390 said:

What did you use?

10 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Thanks for clearing that up!!! My mistake.!

Hope work went well this past weekend!!

Just now, chris7390 said:

Thanks for clearing that up!!! My mistake.!

Hope work went well this past weekend!!

I was off on New Years Eve/day, so it went very well. I was also in bed by 9PM on New Years Eve. When you work midnight shift, staying up until midnight when you don't have to just loses it's appeal. Of course I came back and had someone causing all kinds of trouble and ended up in the first fight I've been in for awhile but I'm still on the right side of the ground so it went just fine.

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I was off on New Years Eve/day, so it went very well. I was also in bed by 9PM on New Years Eve. When you work midnight shift, staying up until midnight when you don't have to just loses it's appeal. Of course I came back and had someone causing all kinds of trouble and ended up in the first fight I've been in for awhile but I'm still on the right side of the ground so it went just fine.

Happy to hear that.! Glad all is well. Hope that person got what he deserved!

On 1/2/2016 at 9:47 AM, Chris at Tech said:

Hey, no shame lost to me :)  The guide I fish most with in Hilton Head keeps trying to get me to pick up a fly rod but I ain't touchin' one of those.  The last thing I need is to have a new (and expensive) reason to buy even more tackle!

I hear that. I'm staying as far away as I can.