I have a 5ft UL spinning combo.  The combo I have is rated for lures ranging from 1/32oz - 3/16oz.

Whether it be soft plastics, jigs, cranks, spinners, etc...........what is a good line test to use for these really light lures?  My combo can use 2-6lb test, or I should say that's what it's rated for.  Thought about using Yo-Zuri hybrid soft but I'm also open to any other type of line recommendations as well........

I would go with a 10# braid, and use the YoZuri as a leader. 

I have 10lb powerpro with 4lb floroclear leader on my UL rig. 

With ultra light you need monofilament for good knot strength and casting, Trilene XL  3 or4 lb test as a main line works good for most applications.

Tom

I would also go with mono even though I can't stand using it personally. It's going to be the best for that light weight of applications.

6# mono and make sure to set the drag accordingly. 

I keep mine spooled with 4-6lb mono.  If you remember to play fish and relax the drag, they can be a blast to catch panfish on.  I'll even keep one on the boat rigged with a grub as a follow up bait while smallmouth fishing. 

Either 4lb mono or 10lb braid + leader

10 lb braid with a mono leader is what I use. In case of a snag this will allow you to break off at the leader so as not lose the majority of your line. Just try and use the same diameter lines, in other words if your using a 4lb leader use braid of the same diameter not pound rating and joining the two together will be much easier then with different diameter lines.

I use 6 pound mono.  I know a lot of people say use smaller line, but I like a line that is a little bigger just in case I catch something a little bigger.

3-4 lb mono.  With an ultralight setup with a 5' rod I find the stretch of mono to be the most important factor to absorb the shock of hooksets and drag pull/fish fighting to avoid line breakage.

4# Trilene XL is what I put on my UL setup.  It's worked for years and years.  Suffix Elite works well, too.  Almost the same at that diameter.

• Like 1

For bass fishing, in my neck of the woods I wouldn´t go lighter than 6 lb Berkley Trilene XT or YoZuri Hybrid or 20 lb Power Pro with a 6+ lbs nylon/copoly leader. I do use lighter line but not for bass fishing even though I have occasionally caught bass while panfishing ( my PB light line is a 6 lber on 4 lb test ) and even though it is fun I´d rather play safe since most of the places I fish are either full of wood or full of vegetation or a mix of both.