Sign in to follow this  
Big bass hunter

anybody have the 14inch ms slammer

I was thinking about getting the 14inch slammer. Just becauce of how many people talk about the 9 inch slammer how it catches those 1 and 2 pounders all the time so i thought might as well get the biggest one i can get thinking maybe it would be a hot ticket for those 4 and 5 as well as a new personal best. Any thoughts on the 14 inch slammer not alot of info on it.

I would look at the DX double joint 12", 5 oz,  for bass. The 14" super slammer weighs 8 oz and looks more like a musky lure to me, unless you are looking for a dual purpose musky-bass then the single jointed 14" swimmer would be OK.

Tom

1 hour ago, Big bass hunter said:

I was thinking about getting the 14inch slammer. Just becauce of how many people talk about the 9 inch slammer how it catches those 1 and 2 pounders all the time so i thought might as well get the biggest one i can get thinking maybe it would be a hot ticket for those 4 and 5 as well as a new personal best. Any thoughts on the 14 inch slammer not alot of info on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you still caught 1 and 2 pounders on the 14" :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big bass hunter said:

What makes you think you aren´t going to catch those 1 and 2 pounders with a 14 inch ? 

Probably 80% of the fish I catch when fishing with "big crankbait like" swimbaits are actually less than 1 lbs. 

My swimbait PB was on a 7" Slammer. I think the 9" is probably still the best option. That huge one will just reduce your chances of catching anything.