Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
S. Sass

Whats a decent price

Recommended Posts

I have come across a SeaArk ZX 180 with a 115 hp Johnson. I'm looking for good and bad input on these as I am no boat expert. This boat is not perfect but is clean and everything works. I don't have pics it was covered and I was looking under the cover at the carpet and seats etc and all seems to be in good order. The owner says it was re-carpeted didn't say when but it looked factory. The fish finder was not a high dollar one, and I don't remember model, but it does work. Same with the trolling motor it was a Motor Guide I think 65lb thrust. The owner said that it worked on 12 or 24 volts? Not sure how that works but he said all the stuff works like live wells etc. 

This is NOT the boat but it appears identical. I didn't get the year model, Im guessing the early 2000s. Does anyone have a idea what one of these is worth roughly? He is asking $5000.00 

Where do you guys check the going rates to boats?

ark1.jpg

ark2.jpg

ark3.jpg

ark4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every one I found, even ones with smaller motors, was priced higher than $5000.

As far as I know, SeaArk makes a good boat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reading around on the web so far they seem to have a decent reputation. I didnt know if there were certain problem areas I should be looking at? Im guessing they are OK I didnt know the name SeaArk I thought it was a Tracker until I got up to it thinking I might be interested in buying it. Shows you how much I know about boats. :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make a neat tunnel hull that I briefly considered for a river boat.  They were in my top three before I dumped the river rig idea.  I'll look at them again if I ever get back on that path.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its worth about $5000. +-500 depending on what has been upgraded (sounds like nothing). 

The 12/24 was a big thing in the 90's. They have a 3 wire system and a switch on the TM where you can run it off of 12V (one battery) or 24V (both batteries). My boat was set up that way and I ripped out the third wire and upgraded to a straight 24V TM.

When he recarpeted it, did he extend the front deck to be equal to the rod locker/console? That's a big upgrade. That is set up very similar to my ranger and I plan to make that upgrade when I recarpet it this winter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kevin22 said:

Its worth about $5000. +-500 depending on what has been upgraded (sounds like nothing). 

The 12/24 was a big thing in the 90's. They have a 3 wire system and a switch on the TM where you can run it off of 12V (one battery) or 24V (both batteries). My boat was set up that way and I ripped out the third wire and upgraded to a straight 24V TM.

When he recarpeted it, did he extend the front deck to be equal to the rod locker/console? That's a big upgrade. That is set up very similar to my ranger and I plan to make that upgrade when I recarpet it this winter. 

OK that sounds about right I never get a "good" deal and dont even see a great deal. HaHa 

Ahh now the 12/24v thing makes sense. Just asking why would you rip it out if you could just flip it to 24 and leave it there? Forgive me if this is obvious. 

No it is just like this pic below. But yeah I can see where that would make it like the more current style big platform designs. Could you just build a box and cover it to match that fit that opening real snug and level? 

ark3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sea Ark makes a great hull. They are known for shallow running river hulls and make commercial hulls as well. The one in the picture is a crappie boat and yes, you could make a deck extension.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slonezp said:

Sea Ark makes a great hull. They are known for shallow running river hulls and make commercial hulls as well. The one in the picture is a crappie boat and yes, you could make a deck extension.

Great news. Thank you

Now can someone explain to me what makes this a crappie boat? VS say a Bass boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3 seat bases across the deck make it a crappie boat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it'd be worth what he's asking, although year and condition play a big role in what it's worth. Without knowing the specifics it's hard to tell for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, S. Sass said:

OK that sounds about right I never get a "good" deal and dont even see a great deal. HaHa 

Ahh now the 12/24v thing makes sense. Just asking why would you rip it out if you could just flip it to 24 and leave it there? Forgive me if this is obvious. 

No it is just like this pic below. But yeah I can see where that would make it like the more current style big platform designs. Could you just build a box and cover it to match that fit that opening real snug and level? 

ark3.jpg

I replaced my TM with a maxxum 70 a while back which is just 24v so had no use for the 12/24 system, excess wires were annoying.

yes you just build a box flush with the deck. I am going to make mine with a lifting door on the side and use it as storage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I did some more research and found out it is a 2000 model bass boat for sure. I added a PDF file that Tabitha from SeaArk Customer Service sent me from the 2000 catalog. I had sent her a pic of the hull number and she verified it to be that year.  Found out it is in the ballpark on price according to NADA as well. I should be picking it up either tomorrow or Tuesday. :) 

 

nada2000seaarkzx180_zpsjdifhh7k.jpg

 

ZX 180.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the boat this evening. :) Needs some stuff like a good cleaning. Anyone have some secret cleaners you use that cuts that film off the hull? I promise not to tell the secret formula.  :D 

But mainly a think a good through cleaning is going to make a huge eye appeal difference. The car wash wouldnt even start to remove the film. Its like soap film on the shower door kind of white in color. 

Also what wax is a reasonable priced one that seems to work well to use on the painted hull? 

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Attwood instant Hull cleaner. It's like $6.00 for a 32oz bottle at Walmart. Works great on my painted Lowes hull. Gets all the stained river grime off my boat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great I saw several brands all around $10 at Walmart but didn't know if any of them would do what they claimed on the bottle. Figured I would get some one to point me at the good stuff. :Copy_of_icon_thumleft:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toilet bowl cleaner will remove all the scum and waterspots. WEAR GLOVES. Put it directly on a sponge wiping in a circular motion small areas at a time and rinse off. I use 3M marine paste waxin the spring and you can use 50/50 vinegar and water solution after each time out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anything thats plastic/synthetic I'd highly recommend Aerospace 303 protectant.  Your gauge cluster, steering wheel, seat covers, trolling motor etc.

Family friends used to sell spas and would always include a bottle to help keep the spa covers last longer in the AZ sun.  Stuff works amazing.


Congrats on your purchase!  A boat with that size motor here would probably go for more than 5k.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarcazmo said:

For anything thats plastic/synthetic I'd highly recommend Aerospace 303 protectant.  Your gauge cluster, steering wheel, seat covers, trolling motor etc.

Family friends used to sell spas and would always include a bottle to help keep the spa covers last longer in the AZ sun.  Stuff works amazing.


Congrats on your purchase!  A boat with that size motor here would probably go for more than 5k.

I got a sample of that 303 stuff from my last iboats order and was wondering what to do with it! I think ill wipe my dash with it after reading that! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use it on EVERYTHING.

My Duramax has these plastic covers on the hood, I usually leave it outside.  Still looks brand new thanks to the 303.  Same with my rear view mirrors, door trim, dash etc.  Really good product.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×