Sign in to follow this  
Buffdaddy54

Upgrading my Spinning reel

Good evening everybody, I looking to upgrade my current Pflueger Trion Spinning reel to either the Supreme or the President XL. Any opinions? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth spending an extra 20 bucks to get the Supreme or not.

thanks

well the supreme has a $20 mail in rebate.  the President LE is nice too.  pick whichever one looks better to you.  I have both and they are pretty much the same reel

Hi Allen, do you prefer one over the other and if so why?

I like the Supremes over the Presidents because of the magnesium frame.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, as they are both great reels. I was making this very decision about a month ago and went with the Supreme because of the magnesium frame as George mentioned above, and I also just liked the feel of it in my hands a little better. 

The president le is pretty sexy. Had to get one for an extra zodias i had and i like it very much. Its the only non shimano reel i have and its been great. 

I have several Presidents and like them more than I liked my Supreme MGX's. If you can find a cheap Supreme XT, it's worth the extra for sure.

Love my Pfluegars, but I wandered a bit this winter with my commitment to trying to learn how to dropshot. I bought and Okuma RTX 25 and have been loving it so far. I got it for about the same price as the President LE, and unfortunately I've watched @gardnerjigman have issues with his LE. I'd have a hard time not getting another Okuma for the same price if I needed another reel. 

6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I have several Presidents and like them more than I liked my Supreme MGX's. If you can find a cheap Supreme XT, it's worth the extra for sure.

Love my Pfluegars, but I wandered a bit this winter with my commitment to trying to learn how to dropshot. I bought and Okuma RTX 25 and have been loving it so far. I got it for about the same price as the President LE, and unfortunately I've watched @gardnerjigman have issues with his LE. I'd have a hard time not getting another Okuma for the same price if I needed another reel. 

Pfluegar is getting my LE back and I'll be going with the Okuma for sure. Probably 2 of them so I can complete that combo for my wife too. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 8:18 AM, gardnerjigman said:

Pfluegar is getting my LE back and I'll be going with the Okuma for sure. Probably 2 of them so I can complete that combo for my wife too. 

curious as to what issues you're having with the LE's.

Knob on reel has stripped out not once, but twice. 

I like the pflueger president. Although you didn't mention it, the Mitchel 308 pro that I have has been a dream to use for a year or so. I really like it.

Is get a Shimano Sahara or Sedona for that price.

I thought I was settled on the Pflueger but now I'm not so sure. I saw a review for the 

okumo Ceymar and it got great reviews and at 50 bucks I'm really starting to consider. I would love to go up in price from 80 dollars but cannot justify, not only the cost , but being a part time fisher I can't see me being able to tell the difference.

any suggestions

I'm starting to over think this whole thing. Making this more difficult than it needs to be. I have a Pflueger Trion that has been just fine. 

HELP! I THINK IVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE BAIT MONKEY?