Jump to content
smr_hga

Savage Gear Swimbaits?

Recommended Posts

So i've seen these swimbaits online, they're Savage Gear 3D Line Thru. I also happen to be looking for a swimbait like that, the 6" baby bass version specifically. Anyone use these baits, had any luck?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, they're awesome baits. Very durable and affordable and they catch all sizes of fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a few of them, they're good, especially for the price and very durable. The line through design is nice too. The only thing is you won't be able to crawl them on the bottom as slow as say a Hudd. They have more of an S-action and at extremely slow speeds they will straighten out. But you will quickly find out what speed you need to reel it to keep the action, and once you find that, any speed will work. You can absolutely burn them and they won't turn over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the line thru baby bass. You can learn tricks to do with it either jerk it slow roll it, burn it on the surface. When it falls on slack line it will sometimes shimmie like a senko and roll. Really want to try out the hybrid pike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2016 at 7:52 PM, Bluebasser86 said:

Yeah, they're awesome baits. Very durable and affordable and they catch all sizes of fish.

Have you used the 8" line thru? How about the paddle tail ones ("real trout")? I'm about to order several SG swimbaits and wanted to ask on here before I pulled the trigger. But it seems like people on here have lots of good things to say about them, especially at the price point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, j bab said:

Have you used the 8" line thru? How about the paddle tail ones ("real trout")? I'm about to order several SG swimbaits and wanted to ask on here before I pulled the trigger. But it seems like people on here have lots of good things to say about them, especially at the price point...

I have a half dozen of them. They're my favorite line thru bait. I haven't fished the real trout but for 1/3 the price of a Hudd, they're worth trying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, j bab said:

Have you used the 8" line thru? How about the paddle tail ones ("real trout")? I'm about to order several SG swimbaits and wanted to ask on here before I pulled the trigger. But it seems like people on here have lots of good things to say about them, especially at the price point...

i've fished the real trout and i like them they have more kick than a hudd the tail also has a little hole which you can put a rattle in if you want to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Savage line thru baits, very affordable and they catch fish! I haven't tried the Real Trout yet but I'm going to pick one up. One thing I keep reading about people comparing the Hudd I disagree with to an extent. I think comparing it really isn't apples to apples because the point of the Hudd was to make a realistic profile that had a subtle action to draw fish. It wasn't meant or designed to be a bait that had lots of action.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stkbassn said:

Love the Savage line thru baits, very affordable and they catch fish! I haven't tried the Real Trout yet but I'm going to pick one up. One thing I keep reading about people comparing the Hudd I disagree with to an extent. I think comparing it really isn't apples to apples because the point of the Hudd was to make a realistic profile that had a subtle action to draw fish. It wasn't meant or designed to be a bait that had lots of action.

I plan on having plenty of both ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×