Anyone wanna request some polls for me to make? I will be making soon soft plastic brands, plastic types,  Hard baits... Any else?? If want some put some options if want too...ex. Rod Brand: g Loomis, St croix, Shimano, Abu Garcia 

• Like 1

They've all been done many times over. 

Asking which is best is only going to get you subjective answers, of which the value can still only be determined by you and what you choose to do with that information. No way to tell if the person who swears that company X makes the greatest Y ever, has ever even used another companies product or not. 

If I was going to try to find out which ones were "best", I'd search the forums and see what ones get mentioned the most, which baits are in the Fishing Reports a lot with people having success on them, and which companies are offering great customer service.

I'm not saying not to make a poll, but a lot of people, myself included, will give probably give you a different answer today what I might give tomorrow. However, if you search back through the archives, the baits I had success with on this day 2 years ago will always be the same. Search a little more and see that same bait mentioned several more times, and just like in fishing, now you have a pattern to follow :) 

• Like 1

^^ This about sums it up.

The archives are pure gold. The search engine will do a fine job. The nice thing is that for the most part the same baits that were catching fish 20 years ago are still catching fish, so starting with the basics will give you fish on your hooks. Then just keep up with posts and watch what guys are saying works in your regions. If it weren't for Clayton (Bluebasser86), I would've never tried the Ned Rig, which is what I caught my PB on this year, so keep up with a few guys that seem to have a handle on your local trends and conditions - likely from your state. I'm not in KS like him, I'm in IN, but some conditions are similar enough they relate....just without the awful wind he talks about all the time :) 

• Like 3

Bluebasser86 is as skilled as any multi-species fisherman I know. Pay paticular attention to all of the techniques he employees and the baits/ lures he suggests. From finesse (Ned Rig) to power (big swimbaits), this guy has it going on! Even if you are not fishing tournaments, I think some of his suggestion for competitive fishing will be helpful.

:fishing-026:

• Like 3

How about a hypothetical:

There is a $1,000,000 tournament you against 4 others.  Tournament rules are unlimited supply of one lure only, total weight of ALL fish caught over 14", lake unknown til drop-off

You can only fish one lure(for that million $$$$) what would it be?

• senko
  • red eye shad
  • war eagle spinnerbait
  • keitech swing impact fat
  • frog
  • black/blue jig
  • ned rig

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, QUAKEnSHAKE said:

How about a hypothetical:

There is a $1,000,000 tournament you against 4 others.  Tournament rules are unlimited supply of one lure only, total weight of ALL fish caught over 14", lake unknown til drop-off

You can only fish one lure(for that million $$$$) what would it be?

• senko
  • red eye shad
  • war eagle spinnerbait
  • keitech swing impact fat
  • frog
  • black/blue jig
  • ned rig

Hypotheticals are fun - and believe me I've thought more than once what I'd do if I had the winning Powerball ticket, but there are a lot of factors my OCD mind would want to know before I picked a lure. Time of year, temp, water clarity, vegetation types, etc. 

Initially I'd pick up either a Senko or Keitech. Seems like either one of those two could do pretty good in a variety of conditions.