Sign in to follow this  
aku17

tips for summer time bass fishing.

I fish at a reservoir and since its summertime the water here is very green/muddy. What kind of color baits would you guys use?

Darker colors for soft plastics or jigs. Such as blues, blacks, purples, or a combination of the three. My favorite is a "junebug." 

For other hard baits, I think people use flashy colors like "fire tiger" or chartreuse. 

Tight lines.

• Like 2

As stated above darker colors will contrast better in stained water.You can also use baits that cause some vibration, spinnerbait with a Colorado

Blade or bladed jigs.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2016 at 7:54 AM, OddChase said:

Darker colors for soft plastics or jigs. Such as blues, blacks, purples, or a combination of the three. My favorite is a "junebug." 

For other hard baits, I think people use flashy colors like "fire tiger" or chartreuse. 

Tight lines.

Thats exactly what I would use.

I HATE MURKY WATER FISHING. But often I have deal with it, especially in summer. Fish close to cover and not too deep. Would not recommend a spinnerbait, I would recommend a 12 inch dark colored curly tailed worm on a bladed jig head. If the water isn't too warm, a spinnerbait is fine however, I like chatterbaits better.

Contrasting colors

Noisy

Slightly larger than normal

I havent fished clear water in years . Murky , green is the norm . I use all kinds of colors .  Dark purple worms work good but so does watermelon chartreuse . Shad pattern cranks work well but so does bluegill and crawfish .  I do like the contrasting colors  mentioned . One that works real well for me is to take the watermelon chartreuse plastic worm and  use a red Spike-It marker to put a stripe on it. The stripe turns out a reddish brown and its been pretty darn effective . I had some  old Riverside worms were a similar color that just killed the fish and the Spike-It marker duplicates it pretty good .

• Like 2