Sign in to follow this  
Fishin49er

Digital Scale

I don't know to much about them but I use a berkley digital 50#,It weights in oz,some are tenths.I like it just fine. Cost about $20-$25

I was just thinking, what I like most about it is it's size.I bank fish farmponds and gravle pits quite abit, and its small enough to put in a small tackle bag or hip sack, so i'm always ready.

I use the X-tools scale, which I got on e-bay. This link below is for the same scale, though it seems to come with a culling system, which is of no use to me. Still this is a good price for it; you can sometimes still get the scale without the culling system, which should drop the price some. I think I got mine for about $60, as I recall.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XTools-Grip-n-Weigh-Pro-with-digital-culling-system_W0QQitemZ200051781258QQihZ010QQcategoryZ384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have the x-tools as well.  The thing that sold me on the x-tools is that it floats.  Being in a boat it seems like it wouldn't be to hard to drop or knock the scale out of the boat so i got one i don't have to worry about.  

The scale is right on as well, weight perfect every time.

I have the cheap Berkley as well. It has worked pretty good so far and like the others, I don't want to lose a fancy expensive scale in the excitement. JMHO

Ronnie

I use the Rapala Digital Scale 50lb.  Got it for $20

My dad uses the Berkley.  I caught a fish once and we stuck it on both scales.  It weighed the same on both.  So either both are accurate, or both are off the exact same amount of weight, ha ha.

Jason

I also use the 50# rapala scale, my walmart has them for $19.99. It has been a good accurate scale. I test it every so often on an item I know the weight of and it's accurate ,not certified scale accurate, but excellant for what it is......when it stops beeing accurate I will toss it and buy another one, I have had mine for 3 years or so and weighed a ton of fish on it, so I think it's a pretty good "cheap" scale. One thing I hate about it........all the 5lb bass I used to catch are now 3lbs >;)

I have the Berkely #50.  Works great, is accurate and it's only $20 or so.

I also have the Rapala 50# digital scale and I had been satisfied with it until last Friday. I caught a fish that I estimated at between 6 & 7 lbs. I was real disapointed when the scale said 4.2 lbs. The rest of the day I thought about it and convinced myself the scale was wrong. So when I got home I hung a 5lb bag of sugar on the scale and it read 3lbs. Now I have lost all confidence in digital scales. I will probably go ahead and get a Boga grip.