zewski@live.com

Most finesse techniques?

I fish a strech of the st-lawrence river that is very pressured, there is a tournament and even two every week. I'm fishing sand flats and i find that those fish are getting smarter and spookier. I usualy fish a wacky rigged senko or a small tube with 1/8 weight. I'm looking for the most finesse techniques out there... break out the secrets here please :D

I might try the good old split shot rig next time!

• Like 1

Ned rig 

• Like 2

Use the ned rig, no matter what the tourney guys were throwing you can fish behind them very effectively with a ned rig.

I vote use the bed rig also, I hate having to use it but it catches fish.

The Ned rig is the soup du jour and most of the anglers would be fishing it.

Sand flats with current a drop shot would work in pockets and a split shot, mojo rig or slip shot rig could be dragged around. Drop shot works better with 6# FC line, slip shot or mojo rig with mono so the line stays off the bottom.

Under spins like 1/8 oz  Swarming Hornet with 3" or 4"  soft plastic minnow type trailers, and 1/8 oz pearl white dart head jig with 4 1/2-5" curl tail worm are another good choice.

Wacky rigged 1/8 oz ball head jig with 4 1/2 straight tail worm (flick shaky) works.

No secrets in bass fishing!

Tom

A 1/8 oz jighead with a 3 inch grub, a carolina rigged 4" straight tail worm, on a light wire offset #1 hook, a do nothing worm, or my variation of it,...a thick stiff worm with the curly tail pulled off on a weightless texas rigged 1/0 offset hook

Check out the "neko rig" similar to a ned rig, but presents the bait in a different fashion that highly pressured bass should be seeing much less.

• Like 1