pawpaw

New from Missouri

Hey guys and gals,

I've checked out the site many times before becoming a member. There's a lot of good info on here. I'm looking forward to being a member.

Welcome to Bass Resource. Enjoy reading & contributing in the forums.

Greetings and Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome to the forums

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

Hello and Welcome! 

Mike 

Thanks again to all you folks.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome!

Welcome! I'm a newer member too and it's amazing the amount of information on these forums. You've definitely come to the right place. I'm in the KC area, but I have a cabin on LOZ and fish it regularly. Maybe I'll see you on the water!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BradGinKC said:

Welcome! I'm a newer member too and it's amazing the amount of information on these forums. You've definitely come to the right place. I'm in the KC area, but I have a cabin on LOZ and fish it regularly. Maybe I'll see you on the water!

Thanks, and welcome to you too. I pretty much fish Lake O from dam to dam, depending on the time of year, so running into each other is a possibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradGinKC said:

. I'm in the KC area, but I have a cabin on LOZ and fish it regularly. Maybe I'll see you on the water!

What area do you typically fish?

3 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

What area do you typically fish?

Depends on how much time I have. I typically stick to lakes that are within an hour or so drive (I'm in Olathe, KS). La Cygnes and Melvern are a couple bigger lakes that I like. There are also a bunch of smaller lakes close by that work if I only have a couple hours to fish. Lake Olathe, Kill Creek, Lonestar, Miami County, just to name a few. I'm really not picky! If I'm fishing, I'm happy.

What area of LOZ do you usually fish?

I spend most of my time on the southern part of the lake. My wife and I have a small place just outside of Camdenton on the Niangua arm. How about you? Which areas have you found most productive? I really don't know the rest of the lake very well at all. We just inherited the house last year, so this is my first season really fishing the lake. I'm always interested to hear from people who know the lake.

Welcome paw paw! New to the place myself. I have had some wonderful times in Missouri! Fishing, ozarks, and back when I was young a place called camp Zoe out there was lovely. Hope you learn much and teach more?

• Like 1

On October 22, 2016 at 6:33 PM, BradGinKC said:

I spend most of my time on the southern part of the lake. My wife and I have a small place just outside of Camdenton on the Niangua arm. How about you? Which areas have you found most productive? I really don't know the rest of the lake very well at all. We just inherited the house last year, so this is my first season really fishing the lake. I'm always interested to hear from people who know the lake.

I had my kayak down in your part of the lake last weekend.  It is such a different area than where I usually fishing, up around the dam. I really love fishing loz because of all the different areas. Hope to see u out there one of these days.

• Like 1

Yep, it's a unique part of the lake. My cabin is down by Ha Ha Tonka state park, near the cold spring cove beneath the "castle" ruins. It's a great area for a kayak or smaller boat. Tougher to find fish with size down here, especially compared to up by the dam. But it's a beautiful area and still fun to fish.

• Like 1

I put the kayaks in at ha ha tonka.  Paddled to a cave about a mile down from there. I will be up around the dam this weekend. Hopefully the fishing will be good.

• Like 1