Ratherbfishing

Time between purchase and tacklebox?

This question assumes you don't already have so many baits you couldn't possibly fish them all but, strict collection items notwithstanding, how long after purchase of a bait do you wait until it goes into your tackle box?  Assuming I don't NEED it/them right away, I like to keep them on my desk for a few weeks so I can ogle over them sufficiently.  As an added "bonus", I've noticed that the longer I keep them on my desk, the less likely I am to pursue another bait purchase.

If I find a deal on something I use regularly or even one I'd like to try it could hang on a hook for years. I still have some unopened .99 cent buzz baits from Grandpa Pigeons. They went out of business some time in the 90's.

• Like 1

Right away for me. If I buy any new bait, plastic or even new color, I wanna try it right away.

• Like 3

I like to collect some.. I have the regulars that have earned their way into the tackle box.. I buy extras of styles that worked.. and rotate them in as the others get lost or retired. 

If they're extras then they go on the pegboard until they're needed. If not then they go in a box and immediately into the boat before my wife finds them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bluebasser86 said:

If they're extras then they go on the pegboard until they're needed. If not then they go in a box and immediately into the boat before my wife finds them. 

Screenshot for future blackmail! Hahaha

• Like 1

Might be a few minutes or decades. ;)

Got a bunch of bags of Culprit 7.5 ribbontail worms I purchased in 1991 that haven´t been opened yet, Most of the baits in this pic are still as shown:

stuff.jpg

They have been there for several years now ..... now that I come to think about it, that pic is maybe 10 years old.

19 hours ago, pawpaw said:

If I find a deal on something I use regularly or even one I'd like to try it could hang on a hook for years. I still have some unopened .99 cent buzz baits from Grandpa Pigeons. They went out of business some time in the 90's.

I bought a  Minn Kota  trolling motor from Grandpa Pidgeons .  Drove a hundred miles to and from to save twenty dollars .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scaleface said:

I bought a  Minn Kota  trolling motor from Grandpa Pidgeons .  Drove a hundred miles to and from to save twenty dollars .

Twenty dollars was worth it back then, huh?

7 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Twenty dollars was worth it back then, huh?

No , it was just a road trip .. Me and a friend went and both purchased one . So we saved forty dollars between the two of us . . LOL .

• Like 1