bigone5500

Plastic worm ID

Post pics. Allot of wisdom on this site. Websites & cataloges can be a big help to. Get some pics up youll get some answers:)

6 minutes ago, KDW96 said:

Post pics. Allot of wisdom on this site. Websites & cataloges can be a big help to. Get some pics up youll get some answers:)

Thanks. Will do! Lots of worms to decipher. I probably have about 75 (well maybe) to ID. I'm reading up on the types and finding out a few. But some I have not seen. Most I have not seen are from the stock that were my grandparents'.

I'm assuming you're just trying for basic worm type and color. There are a ton of variations, trying to get more specific than that could be very time consuming and largely unnecessary.  

Measure them, there's your length.  If you don't know the basic types like ribbon tail, etc then just get on one of the tackle sales sites and start browsing soft plastics. There are a blue million different color names by different manufacturers but I don't think you need to get super accurate with that either. Just the basic color family.  

If you're hammering fish on a very specific soft plastic then I would spend the time to figure out exactly the manufacturer and color.

Its very possible that you're gonna have some older baits that are discontinued colors and styles.

Makes sense. I just like organization and things in order so to do this made sense to me. You're probably right about discontinued variants so my efforts could be friutless. Here's one to start.

2016-10-31 20.59.39.jpg

24 minutes ago, bigone5500 said:

Makes sense. I just like organization and things in order so to do this made sense to me. You're probably right about discontinued variants so my efforts could be friutless. Here's one to start.

2016-10-31 20.59.39.jpg

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hope I didn't come off like there was. 

I wish I had a little bit more of the organizational tendencies myself.  I'm a semi controlled chaos kind of guy.  

There are many knowledgable folks on here.  It never ceases to amaze me the knowledge base here on older lures.  Your post actually got me thinking about asking a question here myself about a lure I can no longer source.  

Beat of luck in your search.  

Make sure to look closely at the baits, some companies have their names on the molds so they'll be poured into the bait somewhere. 

• Like 1

The three on the bottom look kinda like manns jelly worms, and the top two? not sure, I dont recall the tails, maybe handpours, but the head design look like they maybe be producto products

the top ones look like old fliptails. the bottom ones look like cream scoundrels.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crypt said:

the top ones look like old fliptails. the bottom ones look like cream scoundrels.

You nailed it.

6 hours ago, Buckeye Ron said:

You nailed it.

Not Fliptails, but could be a Strembridge worm of some other type.

Tom