Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 11/22/2016 at 9:21 PM, Fishin' Fool said:

It's a moderate fast action rod. I have one, I really like it.

Is their  moderate fast action like a fast action with a soft tip that gives easily or more of a flex like this ( ?

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Fish yeeter said:

Is there moderate fast action like a fast action with a soft tip that gives easily or more of a flex like this ( ?

thanks

It gives more than a fast action but less than a moderate. Hence...moderate fast.. It doesn't load as deep as the 705cb glass . The non glass make good lipless bait rods. I prefer the glass champions for squarebills and mid divers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

It gives more than a fast action but less than a moderate. Hence...moderate fast.. It doesn't load as deep as the 705cb glass . The non glass make good lipless bait rods. I prefer the glass champions for squarebills and mid divers. 

Ok I was looking for a chatter bait rod and I have a half glass rod for my squarebills and lipless cranks but since I don't have other baitcasters yet I was throwing chatterbaits on it. My friend has a fast action rod that I used with a chatterbait and I liked my moderate fast half glass rod better for it so I was looking for something full graphite with a tip action similar to that rod but less of the arc bend. trying I find something like this J not exactly obviously but similar 

hopefully that made some sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kind of made sense..i think.  If you want a moderate fast glass type action rod, you'll have to get the champ 705 cb glass which has a graphte butt section and glass upper. The non glass CB rods act a lot like a 3 power savvy which is a little slower than your traditional fast action rod. It won't load into the midsection like a glass rod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

kind of made sense..i think.  If you want a moderate fast glass type action rod, you'll have to get the champ 705 cb glass which has a graphte butt section and glass upper. The non glass CB rods act a lot like a 3 power savvy which is a little slower than your traditional fast action rod. It won't load into the midsection like a glass rod. 

The non glass cbs sound like what I'm looking for then thanks. Do do the fury savvy and champion cbs non glass all act the same and go up in quality or do they differ in action slightly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blanks go up in quality. The savvy doesn't have a CB series but their 3 powers act a lot like the Fury CB. The actions differ a little as the blanks act different throughout the line ups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iabass8 said:

The blanks go up in quality. The savvy doesn't have a CB series but their 3 powers act a lot like the Fury CB. The actions differ a little as the blanks act different throughout the line ups. 

Cool thanks I was thinking of the fury cb cuz of its price pont

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fish yeeter where do you live? Check  to see if you dealer near you. Then go put some in your hand and see what you like 

http://dobynsrods.com/dealers/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well looks like you have a drive to go see them. First is a boat dealer called Bedford Sales. It is 54 miles away from you. I would call and see if they have a selection before I went there.    http://www.bedford-sales.com/
The second closest is https://www.clearh2otackle.com/  They are around 85 miles away.  Give them a call.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fishnkamp said:

Fish yeeter where do you live? Check  to see if you dealer near you. Then go put some in your hand and see what you like 

http://dobynsrods.com/dealers/

Their dealer map isn't accurate and most don't carry a full line up. There are 3 "dealers" located within driving distance of me that do no carry either any or more than 6-7 savvy series rods. 

If you don't live on the west coast, it can be difficult to find a shop with inventory that will allow you to compare various models. The closest shop that has a full line up of most everything to both the OP and myself is Kruger Farms, 470 miles away. 

53 minutes ago, Fish yeeter said:

Chicago

If you can wait a couple months, swing by the Chicago Fishing Expo in Schaumberg Jan 26-29. Pretty big expo that may have a few dealers selling Dobyns. Fury's were 85$ a piece at the Bettendorf / Davenport fishing expo last winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are looking for a chatterbait rod that can do lots of other things, look at the Champion HP 735CB Glass and the HP 736CB Glass. Both are composite rods. I have the 736 for chatterbaits and throw large spinnerbaits with it.  There's a short video on Youtube where Paul Mueller introduces it.  This may be what your looking for.  Both Champion and Fury 705CB's are moderate fast and the  actions are extremely close.  Last I heard the Fury 705CB was the top selling or co-top selling model in that line. Two buddies of mine have them.  My 705CB is a Champion.  You can PM me if you have more specific questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not realise how lucky I am since I have two full line dealers within 40 minutes of me, Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×