Jump to content
ohihunter2014

anyone use a president baitcaster?

Recommended Posts

I have a president spinning reel and it seems like its a very nice reel. has anyone used the new pflueger president baitcaster? Its in my budget just want to make sure there are no issues with it being new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy with confidence. Same platform as lews, revos, pq, johnny Morris and others.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own cheaper and more expensive Pfluegers.  No problem.  Under-rated reels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Pres that is about 10 years old now. Still works like a champ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, smr913 said:

I have a Pres that is about 10 years old now. Still works like a champ. 

a president bait caster? It shows new on their site so it must be a new version. I had never seen a pflueger bait caster before so was a little worried about getting one but found one for $50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own 4 of the new ones, you won't be disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I own 4 of the new ones, you won't be disappointed. 

are they a pain to setup? okay for a new guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, they're super easy to setup with the magnetic brakes. I set mine once when I bought them and haven't touched it since. I use them myself but also let new fishermen use them too and they'vebeen great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the old presidents were dynamite. I don't have any experience with the newer ones. at one time, all I fished was pfluegers. in my opinion, their quality went downhill a bit, a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old President was a good reel, it is much different than the new version as the old one was a little over $100 and had an aluminum frame, the new version has a graphite frame is half the cost so it has been made cheaper but I can't comment on how this version will work but I don't care for graphite framed reels in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smalljaw67 said:

The old President was a good reel, it is much different than the new version as the old one was a little over $100 and had an aluminum frame, the new version has a graphite frame is half the cost so it has been made cheaper but I can't comment on how this version will work but I don't care for graphite framed reels in general.

any recommendations on an aluminum frame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ohihunter2014 said:

any recommendations on an aluminum frame?

 

pflueger supreme are cheap on amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 1:08 PM, ohihunter2014 said:

I have a president spinning reel and it seems like its a very nice reel. has anyone used the new pflueger president baitcaster? Its in my budget just want to make sure there are no issues with it being new.

 

No but I'd like to try the First Lady spinning reel ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...