Jump to content
Quarry Man

Bass Mafia 3700 for Terminal Tackle

Recommended Posts

Looking at getting a Bass Maffia 3700 for all my terminal tackle. I like the durability and custom feel. I also need to prevent rust, as i just rusted out most of my gear on a rainy trip. So what tips do you have? how big is each little section? is one little section big enough for 5/0 hooks and 3/4 ounce womb;e heads? i am making a list of what ill put in there. no weights only terminal stuff, like hooks and stops and bands.  i will make a spreadsheet later to make the transition and replacement easier.heres my list so far. trying to get to 48 

 

Bass Mafia Terminal Tackle 3700 (48 sections) 12x4

 
  1. 1/0 EWG
  2. 2/0 EWG
  3. 3/0 EWG
  4. 4/0 EWG
  5. 5/0 EWG
  6. 1/0 Round Bend
  7. 2/0 Round Bend
  8. 3/0 Round Bend
  9. 4/0 Round Bend
  10. 5/0 Round bend
  11. 2 Drop Shot
  12. 1 Drop Shot
  13. 1/0 Drop Shot
  14. 1/0 Wacky
  15. 2/0 Wacky
  16. 3/0 Wacky
  17. 3/0 Flipping
  18. 4/0 Flipping
  19. 5/0 Flipping
  20. 1 Spinshot
  21. 1/0 Spinshot
  22. 3/0 Screwlock
  23. 4/0 Screwlock
  24. 5/0 Screwlock
  25. 5/0 3/16 superline Screwlock
  26. 8 Circle
  27. 1/0 Circle
  28. 3/0 Circle
  29. 1/16 Shaky
  30. 1/8 Shaky
  31. 3/16 Shaky
  32. 1/4 Shaky
  33. 3/8 Wobble
  34. 1/2 Wobble
  35. 3/4 Wobble
 
trebles
stops
split rings
wacky bands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, iabass8 said:

Yes, it can fit all that.

 

 

images.jpg

 

but will 2 packs of 5/0 hooks fit in one section? will weighted 5/0 swimbait hooks fit? Will 3/4 oz wobble heads fit? thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Quarry Man said:

 

but will 2 packs of 5/0 hooks fit in one section? will weighted 5/0 swimbait hooks fit? Will 3/4 oz wobble heads fit? thanks

2 regular packs of 5/0 hooks? Yes...

swimbait hooks and larger 3/4 wobble head would be better suited with 2 slots. The deep 3700 coffin can do it in 1 slot with no issues. You would bettter utilize space if you put your 1,2,3 size wacky each on a hair pin and out them in 1 slot. You could probably fit 100 wacky hooks in 1 slot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iabass8 said:

2 regular packs of 5/0 hooks? Yes...

swimbait hooks and larger 3/4 wobble head would be better suited with 2 slots. The deep 3700 coffin can do it in 1 slot with no issues. You would bettter utilize space if you put your 1,2,3 size wacky each on a hair pin and out them in 1 slot. You could probably fit 100 wacky hooks in 1 slot

 

Are the compartments fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iabass8 said:

2 regular packs of 5/0 hooks? Yes...

swimbait hooks and larger 3/4 wobble head would be better suited with 2 slots. The deep 3700 coffin can do it in 1 slot with no issues. You would bettter utilize space if you put your 1,2,3 size wacky each on a hair pin and out them in 1 slot. You could probably fit 100 wacky hooks in 1 slot

 ill pm you my plan and anyone else who is interested

1 hour ago, npl_texas said:

 

Are the compartments fixed?

 

not there are 4 fixed areas and up to 48 compartments 12x4 with removable dividers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I have ever in my life stocked that many styles and sizes of hooks.  I don't combine my hooks and jigs in the same box, either.  Mainly because I have three deep Hydro-Flow boxes full of them.  Speaking of, if you want to avoid rust, get the Hydro-Flow.  The key to avoiding rust is air flow.  All a water proof case does is trap moisture in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've been thinking about doing this too but i can't get myself to spend $50 on a tackle tray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J Francho said:

I don't think I have ever in my life stocked that many styles and sizes of hooks.  I don't combine my hooks and jigs in the same box, either.  Mainly because I have three deep Hydro-Flow boxes full of them.  Speaking of, if you want to avoid rust, get the Hydro-Flow.  The key to avoiding rust is air flow.  All a water proof case does is trap moisture in.

 

So you think I should put my jighwads in another box? Not a bad idea! Thanks for the advice on the airflow. I will not put any used hooks back in my box, I will also allow all my baits to dry completely to avoid rust.

1 hour ago, Scarborough817 said:

i've been thinking about doing this too but i can't get myself to spend $50 on a tackle tray 

 

Im likely getting the plain 3700 Bass MAfia, not the terminal Tackle one. I feel like it doesn't hold enough hooks. I might get two weight holders though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×