Big-Bass

Daiwa SV103 spool question

I bought an SV103XS a few weeks back that had an IS73 spool in it but came with the original spool. The seller indicated that there was an issue with the SV103 spool. No problem and no deal breaker as I own a bunch of them and just love the reel platform. But where should I send this spool to get it fixed? The inductor moves in and out but spins. There is also a slight ding on the end of the spool. Not sure if it will effect performance. Is it worth getting fixed or can it function as is? Any and all help would be appreciated in steering me in the right direction. Thank you!

Contact the guys at The Tackle Trap, besides being super knowledgeable they’re also an authorized Daiwa service center. They can tell if the spool is toast or if it can be repaired. 

I'm thinking with the ding, the fix is toss it, and get a replacement.

• Like 1

The inductor is an easy enough fix. If the ding isn't on the lip it won't effect it. If it's on the spool shaft itself, send it to Ian. 

IMG_9314.jpg

I have other spool options if this one is not fixable.  I have the IS73 in there now, and have Steez and TD-Z spools I could add.  But if it is, and it's not too expensive, then I would like to have it done.  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Big-Bass said:

IMG_9314.jpg

I have other spool options if this one is not fixable.  I have the IS73 in there now, and have Steez and TD-Z spools I could add.  But if it is, and it's not too expensive, then I would like to have it done.  Thanks!

I would only use that as a last option until I could replace it.  In your case it's toast IMO.

• Like 1

Yeah I haven't even tried it out and didn't want to because of the ding.  I knew buying the reel that this spool had some damage.  I still got the reel and all of the dress up parts for a good deal so this wasn't a deal breaker.  Thanks for any/all help or insight as to what to do.

43 minutes ago, Big-Bass said:

IMG_9314.jpg

It can’t be brought back to new, but a lot of it can be massaged out. It should be able to be salvaged and it’ll fish just fine. Send it to Bryan @ TTT